iAudiophile.net Forums

Go Back   iAudiophile.net Forums > Flash-Memory Players > Cowon C2

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2012, 18:39   #1
AshenTech

Default C2 tips and tricks

Ok, So every player has its little quarks and uniq Issues, So I figure it may be a good idea to have a thread like many others do with tricks to working around issues with the c2.

AshenTech's tips:

1. Mp3Tag is your friend, if you want the player to refresh quickly you best strip/delete any un-needed tags and only have 1 tag version in the file.

have mp3tag remove all but ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1

remove any extra data like crc hash or the like, this info isnt needed and will slow database refresh.

once you do this alone, it should have a noticeable effect on refresh times if you like most people have alot of files with extensive tags.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

2. format the player AND sdcard with the SDFormatter before loading them with music/audiobooks/exct. https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/

4. SD card class: some say this dosnt or shouldnt matter, in my Experience, it does matter with the c2, my class10 cards over 2x as fast as my class 6 card with same data on it(just tested)

the players reader does seem to limit write speeds a bit, but not to horrible,(not like my d2 where i NEVER wrote stuff to the card using the players reader)

Also, I recommend never letting the player battery run dry when in sleep mode, this seems to have a higher risk of bricking and forcing a TCC tool debrick.

keep the firmware up to date(1.17 as of this post).
AshenTech is offline View AshenTech's Photo Album   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]