Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2012, 04:00   #1
kotbasilio
Happy Cowoneer

Default [Firmware] Cowon C2 V1.17

New!
COWON C2 Firmware V1.17
EDIT:
" - Fixed the error of firmware version 1.15 that the last folder wasn't displayed in alphabetical order.
- If you are using Mac or Linux with firmware version 1.12 or under, Please format COWON C2 after upgrading firmware to prevent system error."

Link 1: http://dn2.cowon.com/data/C08/C2/COWON_C2_1.17.zip
Link 2: http://download.cowon.com/data/C08/C2/COWON_C2_1.17.zip

Last edited by kotbasilio; 04-17-2012 at 04:03..
kotbasilio is offline View kotbasilio's Photo Album   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-17-2012, 06:56   #2
marcusgi

So I was so hopefully this would resolve my issue. I open say folder Def leppard, then open pyromania, the songs are listed, but the first track that is suppose be alphabetical is the last track. everything else is alphabetical.
marcusgi is offline View marcusgi's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:18   #3
topchef

Does anyone know if the battery life is better than version 1.5?
topchef is offline View topchef's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:40   #4
marcusgi

Default song order

I was able to get all the songs (5500 of them) in order by deleting all of them, putting on a track number with MP3 tag and reloading. But, it would have been nice if this FW fixed this, since it works fine on my D2+
marcusgi is offline View marcusgi's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 15:23   #5
nsxviper

I too started noticing the strange battery drain on 1.15. I wonder if this firmware would fix it.

Old Stuff
Cowon D2 16GB| Atrio M5 - Broke =( | UE Super.fi 5 Pros - Sold | Sharp HP-MD33S | FiiO E3 & E5 | Creative Zen Micro 5GB
nsxviper is offline View nsxviper's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 15:41   #6
muel2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsxviper View Post
I too started noticing the strange battery drain on 1.15. I wonder if this firmware would fix it.
Is it that you've got your player in 'Sleep Mode' and don't actually properly turn it off?

I may or may not be talking about the same experience (or thing), but I often found that when I went to turn on the C2 after not using it for a while, the batteries would be drained so it wouldn't turn on.

I'm quite sure it is the 'sleep mode' that caused this. If you have 'sleep mode' on (settings/system) and you let the player automatically turn itself 'off/go into sleep mode' or you hold down the on/off button to 'turn it off/put it into sleep mode', I don't think it actually turns itself off but . . . (you guessed it) . . goes into 'Sleep Mode' where there must be a constant drain on the battery.

I think if you want to turn off the C2 when 'sleep mode' is on in the system settings, you have to actually select 'Power Off' on the menu. Or you can hold down both the volume buttons together until it turns off. I'm not sure about what the actual function of holding down both the volume buttons is intended to be, but it seems to be a sort of 'reset/super update' function.

If this isn't your problem and this is old news to you sorry to waste you time, all this took me a bit of frustration to work out.. . .

. . . i.e. "oh I'm glad I've got my PMP for this long journey so I can relax after a hectic day and listen to that new album I've been dying to listen to. Oh hold on, the damn thing won't turn on. Oh I haven't broken it already have I!? Maybe the batteries have run out? No they can't have run out I'm sure they were full when I 'turned it off', maybe the damn thing has broken or 'bricked' or something. . . Shit." + plus a few more experiences of me making sure the battery was full and it not turning on.

Last edited by muel2002; 05-22-2012 at 15:46..
muel2002 is offline View muel2002's Photo Album   Reply With Quote