iAudiophile.net Forums

Go Back   iAudiophile.net Forums > Hard Disk Players > Cowon X7

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2012, 14:18   #1
paddlaren

Default X7 for audiobooks and music

Hi!

I am looking for a replacement for my X5 (given up after about 20 repairs of the head phone connector) and Archos 5 IT (corrupt HD and now refuse to load firmware after reset).

Besides music I am listening to audio books which requires some special functions:

* Bookmarking
* Continue on the same spot after pause/shutdown
* open a file in a folder an all files in that folder will play

Also I need to be able to repeat the files in a folder.

Are there anny docking capabilities? I like to dock the player in my car with full volume so I will not need to adjust the volume every time I shift between car and head phones.

I am only looking for a music player, no video or anything.

Will the X7 solve my problems?

BR
Erik
paddlaren is offline View paddlaren's Photo Album   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-13-2012, 14:29   #2
paddlaren

And by the way, can I load batteries while using the audio player?
Old 01-18-2012, 07:20   #3
Flip Martian

The battery is soldered inside I think. X7 is a media player - playing videos as well. Sounds like its too much for what you want. I wouldn't think there are any players that allow you to change the batteries while using it.
Flip Martian is offline View Flip Martian's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 13:11   #4
paddlaren

What I really mean is that I need to charge the batteries while using the device. This is not possible on the D2+ we have. That's why I ask. This will be important for me.

But in other ways I don't think this is overkill. I have about 180 Gb of audiobooks so the X7 is still to small but with 160Gb I can have the most important books with me
The I have my music as well that must fit. On the old one (Archos 5 IT) I had a 500 Gb disk and used about 240Gb for audio (and nothing for Video). This device crashed last week and the disk cannot be replaced. The device knows the serial number of the disk it is supposed to have. Sad way to build devices.

The X7 player is still quite cheap compared to 128Gb memory card to the mobile phone. And the memory card is not officially supported so the player is less risk.
Old 01-18-2012, 14:42   #5
Flip Martian

Well the X7 battery does last a long long time between charges but you can't charge it while using it - it goes into a "charging mode" when connected to a power source.

I agree that for the price it is a very cheap player for so much storage space (that's why I bought mine). Sorry i can't help about bookmarking for audiobooks. I keep my audiobooks on a Sansa Fuze (far too small for your purposes!).
Old 01-18-2012, 17:04   #6
dmiddleton006

As I am writing this my X7 is sitting next to me playing away whilst recharging through the mains adapter. This works absolutely fine as long as you start it up first before plugging the power in.
dmiddleton006 is offline View dmiddleton006's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 17:09   #7
Flip Martian

Interesting! I guess I never tried switching it on BEFORE plugging in. Thanks for that!

Tags
x7 audiobooks