iAudiophile.net Forums

Go Back   iAudiophile.net Forums > Flash-Memory Players > Cowon J3 > J3 UCI Themes & Stuff

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2011, 09:13   #766
zen-kizu
Formerly "Kizune"

Sense is not in development anymore, at least I don't plan to update it as long as Cheetah + Penguin + ... is in development.

Profiles: Google+ // deviantART // flickr
zen-kizu is offline View zen-kizu's Photo Album   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-17-2011, 16:29   #767
Actorlife
Cowon X7 Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Actorlife

Amazing UI Kizu Thanks so much well appreciated.
Old 12-22-2011, 19:32   #768
xamirp

Hi
to begin with: great work ! thanks for awesome ucis

I just have one minor problem, most of my files don't have an album art so theres always the alternative cover picture. Is it possible to just see the background picture instead of any album art ? I could put some pictures in the alt. art folder and rename then but i would prefere just the usual background picture.

Greetings!
xamirp is offline View xamirp's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:30   #769
vegetaleb

This music UCI is the best on J3, do you know any other one with multiple playlist?
vegetaleb is offline View vegetaleb's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 18:17   #770
NightRyder

can you make a playlist from the computer that is compatible with sense playlist manager?
NightRyder is offline View NightRyder's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:39   #771
DL84

Sorry to ask this question but how do i install this theme on my j3?
DL84 is offline View DL84's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 14:54   #772
DSperber
Very Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL84 View Post
Sorry to ask this question but how do i install this theme on my j3?
The UCI installer ZIP files are downloaded to your PC. Then you un-zip them to expand, placing ALL of the expanded folder/file contents onto the J3 under its \System\Flash UI folder on internal storage.

Un-install (if you want) is simply the deletion of the corresponding folders and files you placed under \System\Flash UI in the first place.

Although not mandatory, I strongly recommended that you try all three... Lynx (main menu), Leaf (browser), and Sense (music) as they really do work well together as a set. In particular Leaf (browser) has some very significant and useful functional enhancements (e.g. first-letter "jump" search in lists, which is HUGELY helpful and essentially eliminates finger-scrolling through large lists containing hundreds or thousands of items) beyond the features provided by Cowon in its base browser.

Last edited by DSperber; 12-27-2011 at 15:14..
DSperber is offline View DSperber's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 15:00   #773
DSperber
Very Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRyder View Post
can you make a playlist from the computer that is compatible with sense playlist manager?
No.

The Sense "playlist" is an SOL file on the J3, which contains binary data usable by Flash programs on the J3. It is not PC-friendly for editing.
Old 12-27-2011, 15:06   #774
DSperber
Very Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetaleb View Post
This music UCI is the best on J3, do you know any other one with multiple playlist?
If you also install the complementary Leaf (browser) UCI from Kizune, there is support for multiple on-the-go 250-max playlists.

The underlying Cowon firmware-provided "Favorites" functionality is the heart of this new capability with Leaf. Cowon's Favorites supports a single 250 entry list, which you can add to and delete from as your one on-the-go "playlist" file.

Leaf expands on the primary Favorites functionality, allowing you to save/re-load the current Favorites contents as SOL files on J3 storage to which you give a name. So the one firmware-understood 250 entry Favorites list is still used by Leaf, but your own saved-by-name "playlist" files are swapped by Leaf into or out of the one Favorites list understood by the firmware.

So through Leaf you essentially have an unlimited number of saved-by-name SOL files on J3 storage, that contain any number of 250-max playlists (referencing music files that can be on both internal and external storage) which you've created and possibly further edited using Leaf itself. And these named "playlists" are simply swapped by Leaf into the Favorites area for J3 firmware to use, under your control.

Very nice enhancement.
Old 12-29-2011, 21:47   #775
DSperber
Very Senior Member

Default For reference: Sense menu/configuration buttons legend

Just for reference:

(1) main Sense presentation with "hidden buttons" that are physically present but invisible.

(2) Sense menu/configuration button legend.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:55   #776
headcoatman

I feel so confused about playlists/favorites (using Sense, Leaf and Vision).
I imported 10 or 12 of my Blue Note cds and wanted to listen to all of them shuffled, but not any of the other music on my J3. So, via browser>folders>J3>music, I pressed the "+" sign at the bottom (producing a green triangle underneath it), then clicked on each album I wanted to hear. So far so good. The I pressed the top left area which says either Music or the current album title...this switches from current view, to Music Favorites, to Bookmarks. I don't see anything that says "playlist", but that's fine. It appears the Favorites feature is what I need. However, any tracks or albums I'd previously added to favorites were still there, and the new albums I wanted to listen to were appended to that list. I couldn't find any way to delete the entire favorites folder or a group of selections, and had to press the "X" button on the bottom then manually delete (and confirm deletion of) every track I wanted to remove from favorites. Is there an easier way??
Browsing the forums here I keep learning of new, hidden features in Sense, but have found no definitive list or description of all its features, so I'm kind of groping around in the dark here.
I use my J3 mostly at work, and it would be very convenient to quickly load up a playlist for the night, without having it append to previous lists.
Hoping someone can give me some insight about this.
Thank you.
headcoatman is offline View headcoatman's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:29   #777
headcoatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizune View Post
In order to add an entire album to the fave list (which is not a Sense playlist) you have to open the browser and add a the album to the faves (see manual for more information). Then in Sense's playlist manager, you can use "Fill from faves (Appennd)" to add your fave list to a new sense playlist.
Kizu, where can I find the manual you mentioned?
Old 01-04-2012, 07:29   #778
taishou

hi all,
how to make the tracks look like this?

taishou is offline View taishou's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 14:56   #779
DSperber
Very Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taishou View Post
hi all,
how to make the tracks look like this?
That's a shot of Sense's "track preview" presentation. It must be enabled, and then configured.

(1) While in Sense tap the hidden menu button (top-middle of album art) to get the Sense menu/configuration screen. Then tap the "settings" icon (square) down near the bottom-left of the screen to get into Sense settings.

(2) In Sense settings, tap the "track preview" line to get into track preview settings. Be sure that the last item ("prefer over browser") IS enabled, i.e. that the indicator on the right is an empty circle rather than a solid circle.

(3) Configure the two "layout" items at the top (one "V" for portrait mode Sense, and one "H" for landscape mode Sense) to your liking.

(4) Configure the "display" item to contain the information to your liking. Also set the single-tap and autoplay items enabled or disabled. You may need to experiment with each setting to learn for yourself exactly what each setting and option actually controls and produces.

(5) Get all the way back to Sense using either of the two buttons at the bottom of the settings screens.

Now when you're in Sense, if you push the hidden "browser" button (top-left of album art) you will see track preview. If you tap on the now-visible "browser" button also on the screen in track preview, you will then be taken to the Leaf browser. You will need these two taps to get to Leaf, since you've asked for track preview to be "preferred over browser" when you do the first tap.

Alternatively, you can tap-and-hold on the hidden "browser" button to begin with, and that tap-and-hold will take you directly to Leaf. I feel this to be a cumbersome way to get to Leaf, and also inaccurate (I always flat-finger the screen and cause music playing to "pause" as would happen from a tap on album art), and essentially impossible to accomplish successfully with one-hand control.

Anyway, that's "track preview".
Thanks from:
Old 01-05-2012, 05:08   #780
headcoatman

Well, here's take two. Is this a lousy question?

I feel so confused about playlists/favorites (using Sense, Leaf and Vision).
I imported 10 or 12 of my Blue Note cds and wanted to listen to all of them shuffled, but not any of the other music on my J3. So, via browser>folders>J3>music, I pressed the "+" sign at the bottom (producing a green triangle underneath it), then clicked on each album I wanted to hear. So far so good. Then I pressed the top left area which says either Music or the current album title...this switches from current view, to Music Favorites, to Bookmarks. I don't see anything that says "playlist", but that's fine. It appears the Favorites feature is what I need. However, any tracks or albums I'd previously added to favorites were still there, and the new albums I wanted to listen to were appended to that list. I couldn't find any way to delete the entire favorites folder or a group of selections, and had to press the "X" button on the bottom then manually delete (and confirm deletion of) every track I wanted to remove from favorites. Is there an easier way??
Browsing the forums here I keep learning of new, hidden features in Sense, but have found no definitive list or description of all its features, so I'm kind of groping around in the dark here.
I use my J3 mostly at work, and it would be very convenient to quickly load up a playlist for the night, without having it append to previous lists.
Hoping someone can give me some insight about this.
Thank you.