iAudiophile.net Forums

Go Back   iAudiophile.net Forums > Flash-Memory Players > Cowon D2/D2+ > D2 Firmware

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2010, 05:12   #61
bdgraz

I want to try some themes on my D2+, but after doing a bit of searching it seems that most(or all?) dont work for FW3.13? Or am I wrong on that? What FW should I use if I do want to use themes
bdgraz is offline View bdgraz's Photo Album   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-02-2010, 05:47   #62
tirim4
Veteran

Just read my post in the Cassini thread, it works for most themes (not the really old ones though). http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26455 Might be a good place to look too.

"I'm the funky monkey junky, You're a flunky bunky donkey"
tirim4 is offline View tirim4's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:26   #63
Lekio

And How do i Install 3.13 on my Cowon D2+ 16GB?
Lekio is offline View Lekio's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:58   #64
komedol

@ Lekio (thanks to Mr. Black):
(New) D2+ Firmware installation:
1. Download your D2+ firmware from the CowonGlobal or CowonKorea site.
2. Unzip the firmware to get 3 files (D2N_P.bin, D2N _P_RS.bin, and D2N_P_FT.bin)
3. Move the resulting files to the root (Main folder, contains music folder etc) of your D2+
4. After that unplug the D2 and restart it. You're done.
komedol is offline View komedol's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:50   #65
DooMMasteR

I mirrored most of the still available Firmwares of the D2 and D2+ on my server
because Cowon is gradually dumping older versions
http://datatomb.de/mirror/COWON/

you can feel free to add it into the sticky of this thread

Last edited by DooMMasteR; 12-15-2010 at 10:56..
DooMMasteR is offline View DooMMasteR's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:
Old 12-15-2010, 17:47   #66
Partybreaker

^ Hmm, similar topic is right here: http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34479

But it seems like website is down ATM...

Cowon D20 8GB | 1.03 FW |
Kingston 16GB SDHC Class 4

iRiver T20 512MB | 1.22 FW

Sennheiser CX400-II | Sennheiser PX100-II
Partybreaker is offline View Partybreaker's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 15:25   #67
Meath

I tried installing it and when I restart my player after copying files across it doesn't install anything. I have FW version 2.13 at the moment. Do I need an earlier version first?
Meath is offline View Meath's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:59   #68
michael1946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meath View Post
I tried installing it and when I restart my player after copying files across it doesn't install anything. I have FW version 2.13 at the moment. Do I need an earlier version first?
I don't think you need an earlier version first.
What happens if you boot your D2+ right now after having copied the files of FW 3.13 to your device?
If you connect your D2+ to your PC can you still see the 3.13 files in the root directory?
If no then follow komedol: http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showpo...9&postcount=64.
If yes you should disconnect D2+ from the PC and boot it. If the FW is not updated something might be wrong with the downloaded version 3.13, so redownload it (perhaps from DooMMasteR's mirror http://datatomb.de/mirror/COWON/D2/) and try again.
michael1946 is offline View michael1946's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 15:58   #69
Meath

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1946 View Post
I don't think you need an earlier version first.
What happens if you boot your D2+ right now after having copied the files of FW 3.13 to your device?
If you connect your D2+ to your PC can you still see the 3.13 files in the root directory?
If no then follow komedol: http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showpo...9&postcount=64.
If yes you should disconnect D2+ from the PC and boot it. If the FW is not updated something might be wrong with the downloaded version 3.13, so redownload it (perhaps from DooMMasteR's mirror http://datatomb.de/mirror/COWON/D2/) and try again.
Just downloaded from your link and it's installing as I type this, cheers!
Meath is offline View Meath's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 23:33   #70
marcusgi

I know this is a really old forum and the player is obsolete for the most part, but I wanted to share my experience in case anyone else needs to load files on the SDHC card. I can't believe it really this difficult, but it is fixed with the newer players like the C2.

easiest way:
1. before you load the files on the D2+, go into settings > display and turn off flash skin.
2. plug the USB up and transfer files.
3. reboot the player, this will update the database, but show updated count, but the titles will be all the same.
4. reboot the player and the titles are fixed.
5. go into settings > display and turn on flash skin.

harder way, if you you forget the easiest way:
1. plug the USB up and transfer files.
2. reboot the player and realized it is locked up.
3. reboot the player and Plug the USB up, rename music.swf to zmusic.swf
4. reboot the player go into settings > display and turn off flash skin.
5. reboot the player, this will update the database, but show updated count, but the titles will be all the same.
6. reboot the player and the titles are fixed.
7. plug the USB up, rename zmusic.swf to music.swf
8. reboot the player, go into settings > display and turn on flash skin.
marcusgi is offline View marcusgi's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 00:49   #71
Nazo
Happy Cowon DAP owner

It's not that difficult. I just drag and drop my files onto a SDHC card and stick it in my player. That's it. When I turn it on (or if it's already on) it scans the card automatically and the new files work fine without reboots, changing any settings back and forth or etc. I have an older 4GB model D2 flashed to D2+ firmware (they are the same hardware so once cross-flashed they basically only differ in the external casing,) so I've been using SDHC cards with my player for a very long time now since my music collection went beyond the 4GB limit some years ago. (The fact that it supported SD/SDHC was always a huge selling factor for me actually and I wouldn't have gotten it if it hadn't or if it had required me to jump through hoops to use one since I update my files fairly often.)

None of the stuff you're really talking about should be necessary. It shouldn't matter if you are using flash skins or not. I'm wondering if something could be wrong with the way yours is set up or something. Perhaps some system file has become damaged or something and a reflash with the system files might not be the worst thing in the world? (Just a thought anyway.)

Last edited by Nazo; 06-27-2012 at 00:53..
Nazo is offline View Nazo's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 21:58   #72
marcusgi

Nazo,

The reason I don't take the card out is it is inconvenient just to add 1 additional album. I never have taken the card out when the player is on, I just think that is a bad idea. I have both a D2 and a D2+ and the D2 works like yours. The D2+ has these weird quirks, both running 3.13. I don't mind taking the extra steps, I just need to remind myself to disable flash skin.
marcusgi is offline View marcusgi's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 13:39   #73
Nazo
Happy Cowon DAP owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusgi View Post
The reason I don't take the card out is it is inconvenient just to add 1 additional album.
You don't have to pull up a flap with a fingernail or something, you just push on the card and it comes out. It is not inconvenient in the least. However, I just meant that all you have to do is drag and drop files without disabling flash skins or anything like that. And especially you don't have to go through the steps you showed in the second process. If I plug the player in directly, it's still just a matter of dragging and dropping.

Quote:
I never have taken the card out when the player is on, I just think that is a bad idea.
It would be in a real environment, but most embedded environments tend to be a lot simpler (with the exception of Android and possibly iOS which are far more complex actual OSes. I know Android at least actually mounts it and everything so it must be cleanly unmounted before removal.) This is a really simple environment where the card doesn't even get written to normally (pretty much only if you delete something) and it has no problems whatsoever with you removing it on the fly. It looks like the D2/D2+ was specifically designed to allow it even because it recognizes it and acts accordingly.

Quote:
I have both a D2 and a D2+ and the D2 works like yours. The D2+ has these weird quirks, both running 3.13.
What I'm saying is that hardware-wise they are supposed to be identical. Therefore if one acts differently with the same firmware, something may be up and it might more be indicative of something having gone wrong somewhere in the process.