iAudiophile.net Forums

Go Back   iAudiophile.net Forums > Flash-Memory Players > Cowon D2/D2+ > D2 Rockbox

Notices

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2010, 06:57   #91
d(d_b)b

I need help. I used Kingston 2 gb but nothing worked. I did everything according to rules but I couldnt turn on Rockbox.

So I am asking you. Which Card Should I buy (what brand, I want to buy 16 gb card))to user Rockbox without problems?
d(d_b)b is offline View d(d_b)b's Photo Album   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-01-2010, 20:57   #92
zardoz

I use a Sandisk 16GB micro SDHC with a Transcend microSD adaptor and it works fine
zardoz is offline View zardoz's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 18:35   #93
andrewthecoder
Lazy Programmer

Send a message via ICQ to andrewthecoder Send a message via AIM to andrewthecoder Send a message via MSN to andrewthecoder Send a message via Yahoo to andrewthecoder Send a message via Skype™ to andrewthecoder

Something like this should do fine: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001W1BSM0/
In theory there is no reason any card shouldn't work with Rockbox, if it isn't there's a chance you are doing something wrong
If anyone is certain they have a card which isn't compatible with Rockbox on the D2 in it's current state, I'd be grateful if they could PM me the details and I'll do a few checks with them to ensure it's a genuine incompatibility then update my first post with info, make a list of known cards which work and don't.

(Firmware: D2+ 1.13 + Rockbox + Full InvisibleShield - totally worth the money.

+++ Rockbox Install Guide +++

Video;
32GB Cowon O2
+ Noreve Premium Leather Case

An awesome player is nothing without awesome
headphones;
I use Sennheiser CX400-II noise-isolating IEMs, so I can get lost in the music without deafening myself, even on noisy buses.
For social use, I pocket my
X-Mini II portable speaker.

Bragging? Never

Dentist Dunfermline

andrewthecoder is offline View andrewthecoder's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:01   #94
shotofadds
Rockbox Developer

@andrewthecoder,

I was sent an ADATA 16Gb Turbo (Class 6) card by a Turkish user on here a few months ago, which I've confirmed definitely does have problems when used with Rockbox.

I did some testing and know what the problem is (the card fails to reinitialise between the bootloader and main Rockbox stages) but not why it happens or how best to fix it.

I'll look into it more eventually and will hopefully be able to find a fix. Sorry for the long absense - I've been kinda busy lately: I recently got engaged, got a new job and am in the process of buying a house.

For now I think the best advice is to stick to the "known" brands - Sandisk, Kingston, Transcend etc all seem good as far as I am aware.
shotofadds is offline View shotofadds's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 19:37   #95
bkd11

^^ First of all congratulations!

I just wanted to add I've been using that very card since the sdcard driver came out and I haven't seen this problem. ADATA 16Gb Turbo Class 6 bought off of newegg.com.
Old 05-04-2010, 14:12   #96
andrewthecoder
Lazy Programmer

Send a message via ICQ to andrewthecoder Send a message via AIM to andrewthecoder Send a message via MSN to andrewthecoder Send a message via Yahoo to andrewthecoder Send a message via Skype™ to andrewthecoder

Wow, nice one shotofadds

I must admit I too have an A-Data 16GB "Turbo" which works perfectly, as have all the cards I own, so I can't be of any help.
I bought it from eBay, but I'm certain it isn't a fake as the packaging was sealed and looked identical to this: http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/A...ries_16GB_SDHC
Can't think why there would be any difference between my/bkd11's A-Data 16GB SDHC cards and the one you were sent to test though.

To everyone else, my post above still applies, I think making a database (however ad-hoc) of non-working cards could be very useful, even if just to guide people planning to buy a card to use with Rockbox on what not to buy.

(Firmware: D2+ 1.13 + Rockbox + Full InvisibleShield - totally worth the money.

+++ Rockbox Install Guide +++

Video;
32GB Cowon O2
+ Noreve Premium Leather Case

An awesome player is nothing without awesome
headphones;
I use Sennheiser CX400-II noise-isolating IEMs, so I can get lost in the music without deafening myself, even on noisy buses.
For social use, I pocket my
X-Mini II portable speaker.

Bragging? Never

Dentist Dunfermline

Last edited by andrewthecoder; 05-04-2010 at 14:16..
andrewthecoder is offline View andrewthecoder's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 19:02   #97
Ezraghast

Congratulations shotofadds.

A-Data 32GB, working perfectly with Rockbox. See first post
Ezraghast is offline View Ezraghast's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:07   #98
motorbit

my adata 32 gb turbo class6 is working fine with rockbox, too.

edith says:

that card was bought at amazon, im pretty sure its an original.

some notes on what i did with my card, just in case it does matter:
the card worked fine right out of the box. when i first used it, i thought the poor transfer rates where the fault of the card where in fact it was the fault of the slow d2īs controller. so i used that panasonic tool to reformat it. didnt helped anything, best i could achive where even slower db-update times and transfer rates. so i finaly reformated it with the defaultparameters i googled. this restored the speeds the card have had when i unboxed it.
i dont know the parameters anymore, and from all i learned meanwhile its a verry bad idea to do this reformating thing at all. most sd cards will be shipped formated with optimal values already and these values varry with the cards size and depend on what flash chips are used.

Last edited by motorbit; 11-03-2010 at 06:45..
motorbit is offline View motorbit's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 18:23   #99
RaduSpeedy

Still using the SanDisk Ultra II , 16GB , class 4
and never had a problem
Alles OK