Join Date: Dec 2007
D2 vs iAudio 7: Stuck on the Fence
Last week my good ol' Creative Jukebox 2 died after 6 years of faithful service, and I'm now in the market for a new player.
I've narrowed my search down to the D2 and the iAudio 7, but I'm having the darnedest time deciding which to get. FLAC playback is a must for my next player. It also must have excellent sound quality and a stellar battery life. Both of these players fit the bill, so I was going to ask you guys some questions (I'll post this in the iAudio 7 forum as well so I can hear their opinions)
1. Which player has better sound quality?
2. I've read that the D2 has problems with some FLAC files/tags, are those still present in the current firmware?
3. How much battery life do you loose when using an SD card?
4. If you switch the player to tag mode (instead of file/folder) does it show FLAC files on both the SD and internal memory?
5. Does either player support playlists outside the dynamic one you can create? I've heard conflicting stories. CNet says it does, at least URGE playlists anyway. Others say it doesn't.
Thanks for the opinions! Cowon is really the only company that puts out players with the features I'm looking for, but there is still no "perfect" choice.
Happy new year,