iAudiophile.net Forums

Go Back   iAudiophile.net Forums > Flash-Memory Players > Cowon D2/D2+ > D2 Cases & Accessories

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2007, 09:50   #16
addz

advancedmp3players.co.uk D2 Crystal Case discount code

D2CASEOFFER - 60% off the origional price.
addz is offline View addz's Photo Album   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-03-2007, 07:06   #17
grouchofan

is this specific case resistant enough?

I use this kind of case with my mobile but i'm not happy with it.. I bought it just about 1 month and a half ago and it's already in this condition...

I want to point out that I usually carry it in my pocket and I don't throw it around...
Old 07-04-2007, 07:44   #18
JULE5
Ad2icted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addz View Post
advancedmp3players.co.uk D2 Crystal Case discount code

D2CASEOFFER - 60% off the origional price.
Seriously?

Where do you enter the code?

D2 2GB in black
Shure SE210
8GB SDHC class 4
JULE5 is offline View JULE5's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 16:56   #19
henrycow

you have to go all the way through the online order process - you enter it in after your card details on the last page. total cost including p+p:

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x iAudio D2 Crystal case (IAUDIOD2CASE) = £10.99
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: £10.99
Royal Mail First Class Recorded Delivery (2 - 5 days) (Postage to GB): £2.49
VAT@17.5%: £1.64
Discount Coupons2CASEOFFER: -£6.60
Total: £6.88
henrycow is offline View henrycow's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:45   #20
hibell

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchofan View Post
is this specific case resistant enough?

I use this kind of case with my mobile but i'm not happy with it.. I bought it just about 1 month and a half ago and it's already in this condition...

I want to point out that I usually carry it in my pocket and I don't throw it around...
well i use a clear plastic case for my motorola z3 for about 3 months now and its still solid. scratches here and there but no cracks. and i do sometimes just throw it in my bag with other stuffs (basic things we women like to carry in our purses). same with my d2 case. forgot how long ago it was but pretty sure at least 4 months now. and still good. no cracks like your phone case. even when taking the 2 pieces apart numerous times. feels like youre going to break it but never does. don't know about other owners though. oh, i do usually put my d2 in a protective case i bought off at ebags when not in use. well most of the time when i remember to put it away gently. but when in rush it gets tossed in my bag. and the 2 cases (motorola & d2) feel the same, the quality, the thickness.
Other DAPs: Sansa Clip 4gb & 2gb, iriver S10, Rio Karma (the ultimate mp3 player ever), Rio Nitrus, RCA Lyra Sports 2217A, Creative Jukebox, Sony NW-HD1

Last edited by hibell; 07-05-2007 at 03:49..
hibell is offline View hibell's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:25   #21
Mantr0nix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukekeeeee View Post
[...] And of course there's Cowon famous FLAC support which kicks up the sound quality that much more. [...]
I have noticed that FLAC (1.1.3) playback slows down D2 a lot. Hitting the touchsceen, messing around the GUI becomes laggy. I guess FLAC playback demands more CPU power than playing MP3 / OGG.

I converted my audio CDs to Ogg Vorbis with q6 setting (192 Kbit VBR). My question is: What equipment do i need to notice a tremendous kick up in sound quality when playing FLACs compared to q6 OGG? 1.500 $ inears with cables out of pure gold? Really, I can't hear that much of a difference (that is none). Unfortunately my AKG K 240 DFs plug broke and I soldered a 6.3 mm plug onto it's cable. That one doesn't fit into D2 anymore.

• Trekstor i.Beat mood FM 1 GB
• Cowon iAudio D2 white 4 GB
• Headphones: - still looking for some good arc headphones, maybe inear -

Watch the Mad Spray Monkey™ http://youtube.com/watch?v=GD3dXyZWnSU
Mantr0nix is offline View Mantr0nix's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:30   #22
goatherder

Lines? Oh come on, the D2's a fairly plain/fugly player already and the crystal case doesn't make it any more or less fuglier, lines or not. The case works great IMO. Excellent balance of access vs protection. Buy the screen protector too and you're set. Of course it's going to get scuffed over time but that's what a sacrificial case is for.

Last edited by goatherder; 07-05-2007 at 08:45..
goatherder is offline View goatherder's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:30   #23
JULE5
Ad2icted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrycow View Post
you have to go all the way through the online order process - ...
Cheers for that - i just ordered one using the code. How was that code originally revealed? Amp3's regular email? I've only just subscribed to that.

Jules

D2 2GB in black
Shure SE210
8GB SDHC class 4
Old 07-05-2007, 09:50   #24
grouchofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibell View Post
well i use a clear plastic case for my motorola z3 for about 3 months now and its still solid. scratches here and there but no cracks. and i do sometimes just throw it in my bag with other stuffs (basic things we women like to carry in our purses). same with my d2 case. forgot how long ago it was but pretty sure at least 4 months now. and still good. no cracks like your phone case. even when taking the 2 pieces apart numerous times. feels like youre going to break it but never does. don't know about other owners though. oh, i do usually put my d2 in a protective case i bought off at ebags when not in use. well most of the time when i remember to put it away gently. but when in rush it gets tossed in my bag. and the 2 cases (motorola & d2) feel the same, the quality, the thickness.
maybe mine is made of lousy quality material.. ..
Old 07-05-2007, 11:33   #25
henrycow

Mad

yes it was. don't forget to add an extra day to the delivery time quoted - it gets sent through via royal mail and they will wait until you go out and then put a card through your door and you'll have to go to the post office and collect it like I had to. still, mustn't grumble.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:03   #26
JULE5
Ad2icted Member

Quote:
yes it was. don't forget to add an extra day to the delivery time quoted - it gets sent through via royal mail and they will wait until you go out and then put a card through your door and you'll have to go to the post office and collect it like I had to. still, mustn't grumble.
ah, but i remembered to put "deliver to neighbour" in the notes! So, they'll wait until we're BOTH out....

My neighbour took delivery of my D2 in fact last weekend, while i was on holiday, then when i got back, my neighbour had gone away! Aaaargh! I had to wait for them to come back too. Worth the wait though!

EDIT: actually, no sig req'd right, and it's small enough to go through the letterbox, surely?

D2 2GB in black
Shure SE210
8GB SDHC class 4
Old 07-06-2007, 08:12   #27
henrycow

had to sign for it - recorded delivery, although it would go in a letter box, but not mine, because we have an evil spring loaded metal flap which I would have removed, but it deters the junk mail so I left it in heh heh...

While I'm about it, I don't know much about ART, but I know what I like - here's Bridget Riley's 1994 work - Intake, on the D2/clear case scenario thing. I can post the jpeg file or psd file if anyone wants it - I used Mcramen's template - (thanks mate !) but my crap photography doesn't do it justice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01628 (Small).JPG (31.3 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01630 (Small).JPG (34.3 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by henrycow; 07-06-2007 at 18:13..
Old 08-02-2007, 14:59   #28
apicius9

Hi everyone,

nice forum, this is my first post here. My D2 is in the mail and I am sitting here researching cases. Could someone who has the Jetmall crystal clear case please let me know the exact external measures? I have another little travel case idea and would like to know whether it will fit in there.

Thanks,

Stefan
apicius9 is offline View apicius9's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:54   #29
enter the PHiL

Quote:
While I'm about it, I don't know much about ART, but I know what I like - here's Bridget Riley's 1994 work - Intake, on the D2/clear case scenario thing. I can post the jpeg file or psd file if anyone wants it - I used Mcramen's template - (thanks mate !) but my crap photography doesn't do it justice.
That really looks nice. How'd you do that?
enter the PHiL is offline View enter the PHiL's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:42   #30
liddo

i personally don't like the case. it has scratches all over it so it covers up the d2 and makes it very unappealing :| apparently i have some tiny dents and scratches on the d2 [ i dropped the d2 a few times and i suppose the plastic case still has an impact on the d2 inside ] I thought it would be nice to show off the d2 [ and skin it...but i got lazy ] instead of having it in a leather case like the Noreve. And so I regret purchasing the case but that's just my opinion ^^
liddo is offline View liddo's Photo Album   Reply With Quote