iAudiophile.net Forums

Go Back   iAudiophile.net Forums > Cowon iAudio > Cowon & iAudio News

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2012, 09:14   #181
ALEX@LIN
Digital Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebite2 View Post
I guess it won't release outside of Korea.
Are you in Korea now? Z2 FW x.31 still has a lot of bug. Could you help us to report the problems to COWON?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-15-2012, 23:33   #182
snakebite2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX@LIN View Post
Are you in Korea now? Z2 FW x.31 still has a lot of bug. Could you help us to report the problems to COWON?
I'm not in Korea and I don't speak Korean either. What bugs are in the X.31? I think there should be a bug list thread. I'm sure they know about the bugs. Their Korean users possibly complain about it as well.
snakebite2 is offline View snakebite2's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:19   #183
ALEX@LIN
Digital Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebite2 View Post
I think there should be a bug list thread. I'm sure they know about the bugs. Their Korean users possibly complain about it as well.
ENI hope you are right and COWON will fix them as soon as possible. Look at the covers of the album, zoom more worse than J3 for Z2's weak pictures software.
Old 05-18-2012, 19:53   #184
meoow91

All I want is a mp3 player with Cowon's audio quality and storage with Sony's firmware - UI that doesn't make creating playlist a PITA and the most stupid "400 songs limit". Koreans are apparently not good at listening to their customers. Why do they have to spend worthless times to come up with such complicated and stupid UI and a shitty playlist supports.
My previous mp3 player was a Sony 16Gb S-series and it was a PITA-free. And why won't Sony make HDD players with FLAC supports. I have almost 2 grands worth of audio gears to go with it.
meoow91 is offline View meoow91's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:20   #185
snakebite2

Quote:
Originally Posted by meoow91 View Post
All I want is a mp3 player with Cowon's audio quality and storage with Sony's firmware - UI that doesn't make creating playlist a PITA and the most stupid "400 songs limit". Koreans are apparently not good at listening to their customers. Why do they have to spend worthless times to come up with such complicated and stupid UI and a shitty playlist supports.
My previous mp3 player was a Sony 16Gb S-series and it was a PITA-free. And why won't Sony make HDD players with FLAC supports. I have almost 2 grands worth of audio gears to go with it.
I think the majority of customers are in their homeland. And a while back someone here said Koreans don't use playlist then just put whatever music and play at random.
snakebite2 is offline View snakebite2's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:26   #186
CoCoBar

Waiting for the result. Support Apple or not??
CoCoBar is offline View CoCoBar's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 00:33   #187
lostinalice

While we are waiting for at least 12 months it seems, I was hoping to purchase either the X7, X9 or i10. I am after at least 64gb, something that is only good for music, so I dont care for other functionalities, whistles and bells. Is there any real difference in the sound quality between these 3 choices. Are they all able to be charged from A/C and USB? And though not a complete Luddite, I am confused about Flashdrive, HDD, cards etc. Is it possible to buy the i10, and insert extra memory in a card that brings it from 32gb up to 96gb, and does that mean there is a higher chance of it being lost? Any help would be great, as waiting for i11, or the J3 update may be a while away. Thanks
lostinalice is offline View lostinalice's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 23:15   #188
paulr

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinalice View Post
While we are waiting for at least 12 months it seems, I was hoping to purchase either the X7, X9 or i10. I am after at least 64gb, something that is only good for music, so I dont care for other functionalities, whistles and bells. Is there any real difference in the sound quality between these 3 choices. Are they all able to be charged from A/C and USB? And though not a complete Luddite, I am confused about Flashdrive, HDD, cards etc. Is it possible to buy the i10, and insert extra memory in a card that brings it from 32gb up to 96gb, and does that mean there is a higher chance of it being lost? Any help would be great, as waiting for i11, or the J3 update may be a while away. Thanks
1. X7 and X9 are rather large players whose point is large screens for video, so if you buy one just for audio, you're dealing with a bigger, heavier player than really make sense.

2. X7 is a hard drive player (it has a mechanical spinning disk inside, like your computer probably does, or like an old ipod). That means bigger, more likelihood of mechanical failure, etc., but more space. X9 is like X7 except it uses flash memory (no moving parts) which is better but costs more per GB, so they set it up with less total capacity. X7 is discontinued in favor of X9, I think.

3. I9 is a cute little player that also uses flash memory. It is not expandable. Whatever capacity you buy is all you can use with it. I think the X7 is also not expandable but that's less of an issue, since its capacity is large to begin with (120GB+).

4. J3 (discontinued) does have an expansion slot, as does the X9 and C2. The expansion slot lets you add a microsdhc card, up to 32gb or possibly 64gb (see threads about 64gb cards). Microsdhc/microsdxc is a small (fingernail sized) chip containing flash memory that you can insert into some players, cell phones, etc.

5. I believe they can all be charged from USB (maybe needing special cables included with player) but I'm not sure of this.
paulr is offline View paulr's Photo Album   Reply With Quote