Join Date: Jun 2009
Handbrake Success - But assistance still needed please.
Well I'm pleased to say that I finally got Handbrake to work last night, not the batch encoder type but the 0.9.6 version.
However, it produces very different results from SUPER and just wondered if someone would take a quick look at my setting and let me know if I am doing anything wrong.
I know I have been a bit of a pest with this subject over the past few weeks but getting so near now I just wondered if someone would just glance an eye over the following settings for me, I really would appreciate it.
1. Insert disc into computer which then shows in Titles box
2. Choose destination point (Desktop)
3. In container box I choose MP4 File.
4. Presets I chose iphone & iphone touch -Should I have chosen Android Hi?
5. Change width and height to 480 x 272
6. In filters I tick De interlace and choose Slower option.
7. Video codec I leave at H264
8. Frame rate I choose 29.7
9. Constant Quality I choose RF20
10. Audio Source I choose English AC3 (2 channel)
11. Audio Codec I chose AAC (faac)
12. Mix down I change to Stereo
13. Bit rate I change to 128
I don't change anything else.
One significant difference is that when using Super the final result is an avi file whereas using Handbake they are MPEG-4 files (Is this ok to use?)
I still play the final take through jet media center before putting on the J3
I know this is a lot to read through but I really would appreciate someone just helping me out on this one. I have spent the last month trying so hard to get everything to work viewing countless forums and clips on Youtube but none seem to be associated with the Cowon J3 only I pod.
Well I can only ask and appreciate any assistance you can pass on.