Join Date: Jun 2012
Cowon Z2 Problems
Hi folks, need help as none available from Cowon. I cannot get my Z2 to connect to my home wireless internet.
I also cannot get album art onto the Z2. I use Windows Media Player to sync with the Z2 and had no problems with my previous Sony Media Player.
I bought this because everyone says Cowon sound quality etc is the business. It is but these issues are really annoying!
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: India,Kerala(Gods Own Country)
And for your 1st qn,its strange ,mine works flawless,did you try settings ,if not working go for a reset
Ya'll can call me da1 if ya like ;)!
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
On your z2 for wifi connection
1) Press the menu button on your z2, it's the touch sensitive button on the far left of your device's front screen.
2) On your AMOLED screen, a menu should have popped up, press the preference icon (it's on the far right corner of your AMOLED screen.
3) A new screen should have popped up, go through the list and find WIRELESS and press that.
4) Another new screen should have come up, a few lines should be present, press the TURN ON WIFI check mark.
5) Should cycle and turn on, once it does, press the wireless networks availible and find your wireless. Connect to it by holding the one you want and a pop up menu should show up saying connect or something like that.
6) Put in your passcode if you have one and you should then fully connect, you should be on the internet.
7) Now if you are using an aftermarket wireless router not provided by your internet provider like lets say you have cable internet but bought a Lynksys wireless router to have wireless internet. Then you have to deal with a deeper situation involving MAC addresses and allowing the device to connect to your internet (192.11.1 or 192.168.1.1)
Your Mac address for the z2 should be in the device information portion of the preferences menu or in the wireless menu. I'm guessing on this 7th point as I'm currently doing battery tests with my z2 as we speak, won't be touching it for 24hrs...
Prior MP3 Player | Cowon z2 32gb w/ 64gb Memory Stick, 20hr Audio
Current MP3 Player | Samsung Galaxy Player 8gb w/ 64gb Memory Stick,
linICS v2 and Voodoo Audio = 43hr Audio
Da1writer's Soapbox | http://www.youtube.com/user/da1writer1985