iAudiophile.net Forums

Go Back   iAudiophile.net Forums > Flash-Memory Players > Cowon J3 > J3 UCI Themes & Stuff

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2012, 15:06   #1
Kracko

Default UCI Programming

After browsing the forums and collecting all the various docs (FSCommand guide, sample swfs, etc) I think I'm ready to try a project.

My question is, does anyone build using a free tool chain? I don't really want to drop the cash Adobe wants for Flash just for this project so I was thinking of going the swfmill/MTASC/pure ActionScript route.

Also as a result, I am at a bit of a disadvantage because I can't view .fla files so the decompiled J3 UIs are useless to me. Are there any off-board coding resources/sources to look at?

Lastly the first real problem I can't figure out is how to actually ACCESS the Cowon fscommand fuctions. I can't really compile a swf if I cannot import/load those functions

Thanks in advance.
Kracko is offline View Kracko's Photo Album   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-06-2012, 16:33   #2
chickenbellyfinn
S9/J3 Flash Developer

Quote:
My question is, does anyone build using a free tool chain? I don't really want to drop the cash Adobe wants for Flash just for this project so I was thinking of going the swfmill/MTASC/pure ActionScript route.
You could install the trial if you are going to spend less than 30 days on the project.

Quote:
Also as a result, I am at a bit of a disadvantage because I can't view .fla files so the decompiled J3 UIs are useless to me. Are there any off-board coding resources/sources to look at?
a little code can be found here, but only for games. http://www.2souldesign.net/
Also, I think cowon's samples UCI's (on their website) have separate .as files. They will be hard to decipher without the corresponding fla, but you should be able to get something out of looking at those.

Quote:
I can't figure out is how to actually ACCESS the Cowon fscommand fuctions. I can't really compile a swf if I cannot import/load those functions
You dont need to do anything extra for those. Just use them in your code and they will automagically work on the device.

Apps = [BrainFail] [Lava!] [Nyan Widget] [Cube Widget]
Tools = [Album Art Optimizer]

[ Cowon S9 | Titanium | 32GB ] + Audio Technica ATH-ANC7B
chickenbellyfinn is offline View chickenbellyfinn's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 16:47   #3
el maco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracko View Post
I tried to describe my workflow with swfmill & mtasc in this thread.
el maco is offline View el maco's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 21:42   #4
Enzyme
(A)rrogance (B)reeds (I)gnorance

aye, adobe software is pretty pricey, and thanks for adding this thread, i think a collection of alternatives and some basic intro's will be a great addition to this forum, i got more than a lil lost when i last took a stab at it a few months ago and gave up.
Enzyme is offline View Enzyme's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:08   #5
zen-kizu
Formerly "Kizune"

This is a program I additionally use (besides Adobe Flash): http://www.flashdevelop.org/

And here are some guides to get started: http://www.flashdevelop.org/wikidocs....php?title=AS2

(Only Workflow 3 will work for you, the others require Adobe Flash)

Profiles: Google+ // deviantART // flickr
zen-kizu is offline View zen-kizu's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 17:48   #6
Kracko

@chickenbellyfinn

Time limited trials won't work that well for me as I don't have time to sit down and use it everyday so I'd end up wasting half the trial period, but thanks anyway.

@el_maco

Very helpful. Glad to see it is possible to do without Adobe. Also the forward declaration of ext_fscommand2 was exactly what I was missing to compile. Wasn't sure where to put it. Thanks.

@Kizune

Yes I was aware of FlashDevelop when I was searching for Adobe alternatives. That's what led me to the free toolchain workflow. FD is nice but just another Windows only IDE. I can just as easily get more power out of vim with a few tweaks to my config files.

Thanks guys, if you've got anymore tips keep 'em coming. If I create anything worthwhile I'll throw it up on github so everyone can grab the source.
Old 05-12-2012, 21:18   #7
Kracko

After reading through the S9 boards I've found out that there is a lot more I did not know. Here are a couple questions I hope a few experienced devs might know:

1) Is it possible to get the key states directly from the lower level through ext_fscommand2 (e.g. ext_fscommand2("GetKeyState", PLAY_BUTTON)) or some other undocumented feature? I assume it is impossible from what I've read because it seems like the launcher.swf controls input and just creates ActionScript Key events that it tunnels to the loaded UCI.

2) Is it possible at boot to load another mode other than mainmenu by default? I'm not really interested in recreating a mainmenu and would rather boot directly to music mode.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:28   #8
el maco

1) AFAIK, no. But what's wrong with onKeyDown event?

2) again, I don't think so. The same thought passed my mind as well. For me the main menu is mostly just an unnecessary obstacle on my way to the music mode. I even thought about naming the music UCI as mainmenu but then there are those rare occasions (e.g. when I need the radio etc) when this approach would not work.
el maco is offline View el maco's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:59   #9
jpgr

"2) Is it possible at boot to load another mode other than mainmenu by default? I'm not really interested in recreating a mainmenu and would rather boot directly to music mode."

rename the music.swf to mainmenu3 and set the j3 to choose that menu on startup.
you still have mainmenu1 and mainmenu2 left to select the other modes if needed.
jpgr is offline View jpgr's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:02   #10
zen-kizu
Formerly "Kizune"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgr View Post
rename the music.swf to mainmenu3 and set the j3 to choose that menu on startup.
you still have mainmenu1 and mainmenu2 left to select the other modes if needed.
But how would you reach those mainmenus?

Profiles: Google+ // deviantART // flickr

Last edited by zen-kizu; 05-14-2012 at 02:48..
zen-kizu is offline View zen-kizu's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:27   #11
jpgr

good point.
i would imagine he'd have to code the large M to open one of the other main menus - although im not sure if the power slider will appear. (might try it tonight when i get home)
Old 05-14-2012, 11:50   #12
jpgr

yep.
search for
case 2:
{
saveConfig();
_global.LoadSWF(_global.MODE_MAIN);
break;
}
and insert
ext_fscommand2("EtcUsrSetMainmenu", "1");

after saveConfig();
pressing the M button takes you back to the list main menu

http://www.mediafire.com/?a3aa75k80cirrxx
Old 05-14-2012, 19:16   #13
Kracko

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgr View Post
yep.
search for
case 2:
{
saveConfig();
_global.LoadSWF(_global.MODE_MAIN);
break;
}
and insert
ext_fscommand2("EtcUsrSetMainmenu", "1");

after saveConfig();
pressing the M button takes you back to the list main menu

http://www.mediafire.com/?a3aa75k80cirrxx
You can search swfs somehow? I mentioned earlier I cannot edit/view fla and swf files because I don't have Adobe Flash (unless there's a free version out there?). Also I had this same idea of renaming my music.swf to mainmenu* but according to the FSCommand guide it says some music commands will not work unless in music mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el maco View Post
1) AFAIK, no. But what's wrong with onKeyDown event?
It only triggers on 1 key down. For multikeys I have to script the state logic. Not difficult but would be nicer to just poll the entire state of the device at once which I'm sure the C-side does anyway.

Sorry for all the questions. Right now I'm still reading and writing down info to I'll finally hit the code in a few days and try some of this stuff out on my own.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:31   #14
jpgr

http://bruce-lab.blogspot.co.uk/2010...compilers.html

FSCommand reference guide v1.5 (which is in korean) lists further uci commands

i didnt try everything in the renamed music.swf but it seemed to work ok - i'll check tonight when i get home.

or you can download the mediafire file and let me know if it doesnt work.

Last edited by jpgr; 05-15-2012 at 01:34.. Reason: added footnote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:13   #15
Kracko

Got a link to the V1.5 guide? I searched Cowon.com, but all I found was 1.3 under the J3 section.