iAudiophile.net Forums

Go Back   iAudiophile.net Forums > Flash-Memory Players > Cowon J3

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2012, 11:36   #1
ma.ra

Cursing Annoying track title movement - how to fix this?

Hi all

I was looking for a replacement for my D2, so I bought the J3. I have read a lot of reviews and posts on this page but there is one thing which is really annoying and I did not expect.
When the title is longer than the available space, the title moves from left to right and right to left. Normaly, a title of a track "rotates".

How can I change this? I have directly updated to 2.28. Is this solved with a lower firmware?

I have never seen such a stupid and annoying thing as a track title moving forward and backward. Not even the D2 has this "bug" and I am thinking about returning the J3 just for this stupid feature....

Please help me!
ma.ra is offline View ma.ra's Photo Album   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-04-2012, 12:11   #2
mutescream
Voice in Your Head

I'm trying to figure out why this is such a big deal... Do you stare at the player while listening? I honestly didn't even notice it, until I went looking to see if my player did it too.

I generally hold my player sideways, when looking at it (which is probably why I never noticed it, since the screen is wide enough for most song titles that way). It also allows me to navigate between between albums that way.
mutescream is offline View mutescream's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:17   #3
ma.ra

It is the worst with tracks that are only 1 letter longer than the space. For example de demo song on the player from Jack Lee. Up to now, I never had a mp3 player with such a behavior which I could not edit.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:27   #4
mutescream
Voice in Your Head

Ok, that is kind of annoying. But, have you tried turning the player sideways (so it changes the view to widescreen)?
Old 05-04-2012, 12:42   #5
ma.ra

Thanks for the hint!
Yes I tried that. It is a letdown because the menu bar and the status bar dont switch to landscape. Furthermore, the counting text is only available in portrait modus. For that amount money, I have expected something more....
My mother's Ipod Nano 5th Gen works faster in switching between portrait and landscape...
Old 05-04-2012, 13:00   #6
zen-kizu
Formerly "Kizune"

Well, you cannot change the track title movement using a setting... but you can change the entire interface using UCIs (text movement included). Does your mother's iPod provide such a feature? I don't think so.

And if you wonder what UCIs are: "The [J3] is customizable via user-created .swf (Flash) files. Each file you install changes the respective screen its name scheme indicates: mainmenu1.swf changes the way your first mainmenu looks, mainmenu2.swf changes the way your second mainmenu looks, and music.swf changes the way your music screen looks." (From the S9 beginner's guide)

Profiles: Google+ // deviantART // flickr
zen-kizu is offline View zen-kizu's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 15:50   #7
mutescream
Voice in Your Head

I found a UCI (while I was looking for something else) that may solve your problem. It's got a demo video on the page. Also, it is in Korean, so you will need to translate it.

http://vasurada.egloos.com/5553217