iAudiophile.net Forums

Go Back   iAudiophile.net Forums > Flash-Memory Players > Cowon Z2

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2012, 06:01   #1
Frank_T

Default Z2 vs z1000, iphone4 and classic 7G

Helo to all
I introduce myself to the forum, I have not found the presentations subforum
I keep this forum for a while and have found useful information on various topics

Now my question, previously had a cowon D3, although it had great sound, so I end up ruining my patience, I am now opting for several players, including of course the Z2, the others being the 7G iPod Classic, the iphone4 32 GB and 32 GB sony z1000

My question is whether there is a big difference in sound between the Z2 and D3, and if someone can answer that improvements in quality between D3-Z2 and Z1000 against apple products, specifying the ipod 7g and iphone4

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Frank_T; 05-01-2012 at 03:58..
Frank_T is offline View Frank_T's Photo Album   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-30-2012, 06:16   #2
zen-kizu
Formerly "Kizune"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_T View Post
I introduce myself to the forum, I have not found the presentations subforum
At the bottom of the page in the category "Off Topic" there's a forum called "Introduce Yourself".

I cannot answer your questions, though.

Profiles: Google+ // deviantART // flickr
zen-kizu is offline View zen-kizu's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:
Old 04-30-2012, 06:39   #3
Frank_T

thanks, i have done now
Old 04-30-2012, 09:51   #4
lupu_de_balta
Wolf_of_water

Send a message via Yahoo to lupu_de_balta

well, after some time testing, for the reason that i wanted the best audio quality i think that i can answer you.,...

between z2 and d3, there is not any considerable difference in music quality, BUT other things are improoved in z2... if you consider lag, or music stopping a problem, then z2 is better...

between z1000 and apple products, it is all about how deep you are going to go with jailbreak / custom roms....

i, have listened to A LOT of players, including those, but, for the most best sound, cowon are the masters...

of course, if you ask me, between the iphone/ipod, and sony wich has android, is a battle more between android vs iOS... as ipods, don't have any more a line out, it is not certain what one could preffer... depending, if you are going to get some great headphones/Iems/speakers, i would recomend cowon products, as they have more juice for the music... neither sony, nor ipod/iphone, don't have that much juice... (by juice i am reffering to battery effectivley, AND to how much power is in player to drive high resistance cans)....

from my experience, i would post a order of prefference, considering all of the device's capacities cowon z2 , iphone 4, sony z1000, cowon d3, ipod 7g.

a order, considering only the audio quality cowon z2, cowon d3, sony z1000, iphone 4, ipod 7g.

well, cowon z2 and d3, are the same, but z2, doesn't freeze or lag so much, and, if it is true, d3 doesn't have gapeless playback... again, this is something i have never seen, as all of my tracks, do have some blanck seconds, between them, due of flac ripping with old freeware programs...

anyway, if you want more gaming, with lots of features, but with a pretty good audio quality get iphone 4.

if you want the best audio quality, with games and features, (android too) get cowon z2,

if you want, the same best audio quality, but with less good hardware, (still android, but laggy version of it ) get cowon d3

if you want music, and android get sony z1000 (actually, i am very unsure if to recomend this one, as i was unable to fiind custom roms, even rooting it was pretty hard, but the music quality was still pretty good)

if you want something small, and bad get ipod 7g (in fact, this would really be the most stupid ideea... why?... at his size / price / quality, it is overpriced. for a lower price, with a LOT better audio quality, you are able to get sandisk sansa, or clip+ wich are audiophile level, like cowon. sandisk and clip+ are cheaper, and better than ipods... clip+ has jukebox too, if my memory is still good)

as a final line, if you are too lazy to read everything, that i have written, with lots of thinking, i think that the best would be

sandisk clip+,
cowon z2,
iphone4

(i think that i should add that for only music, i am using cowon j3, wich i considered to be better, due to it's battery life, and having only what was necessary, i mean only, music, some video, some text reading, flash 7, radio, and kizune's uci's, [it was like the best audio player, because i am wanted something to use only for music, without android, and internet browser. i got a different device for internet browsing, youtube and so.])

still, i would higly recomend, to listen to them with your ears, to make an impression, as not all of us, have the same hearing abilities, and different ears, understand differently the music..

(admins, i am sorry, for talking about jailbreak, and custom roms, and rooting, but for real, without these things, we would never be able to use the devices at their full potential, and we would be forced to wat what they give is. i have managed to get with some full days of work, the resoults that approach to a nexus, without super amoled, and camera, from an LG optimus NET p690, wich i came to love, so please, understand that these things are what makes the devices change from just a rich boy's device, a real powerfull device)
balta=water.
lupu_de_balta is offline View lupu_de_balta's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:
Old 04-30-2012, 12:06   #5
Frank_T

yes, I meant to sound, my question was mainly about the sound, I have considered also a X1060, as it seems has a great sound, but fails to transfer files, I have had two sony and have suffered this problem, so it rule out for me.

I comets that there is little difference in sound between the d3 and z2, is it so?, Is good news, I guess I expected a leap in quality, but i don´t knoe what hears better than a d3, I tested briefly iphone 4s and have noticed a great sound, but no longer had the d3 to compare both, I know both have a high tolerance to all headphones and earphones on the market all (or most of them) of its high sensitivity and the low impedance

Following the z2 and iphone4, the d3 possessed a Wolfson audio chip, which now can not remember exactly, and iphone4 and 4s, like the iPod classic, mounted cirrus logic, it seems they are better valued than chips Wolfson, as I said before the D3 I was surprised with the sound quality, even if you can install rockbox, but would be a problem because the battery would last less, and the autonomy of the d3 to use that lasted about 10 hours gave

For the IEMS reference I use a TF10, a Klipsch custom 3 and a Etymotic hf2, also bose ie2, soundmagic pl30, radiopaq jazz, senheisser hd280...

following cowon talking and watching graphs of frequency response, has observed that the response of the subwoofer line is low, people who already have a high level of knowledge about digital music that is lost is four octaves, and the true bass start on the "50-90 Herz," which is a frequency range that does not affect too much, and if we want to emphasize the bass, we use a IEMS or headphones, to raise the bass (in my country say that the profile sound which give the headphones is what gives the final result)

But do not rule out that the equalization of cowon, to raise the bass equalizing the result may be somewhat artificial

I suppose you go into a truly audiophile territory and demanding, and for that we have a Ibasso DX100 or colorfly or amplifiers as RSA or Arrow, and that to the level that I have is not worth giving so many around the bush,But it's always good to be happy with the purchase

Changing the subject a little, you say that the sound clip+ is better than cowon and apple, is that true?, I heard that sandisk has achieved a good sound, but not that can be above those brands .. . makes me want to buy a clip also

Thank you very much for the clarifications lupu_de_balta only tell you that I can not test all the mp3, not in my hands ... unfortunately,

My decision is probably a Z2, being new and additional opportunities to update the d3 completely pulled left after its upgrade to gingerbread (could not do much for him, truth is not seeing how bad they thought that prototype could operate befor it on the market, is incomprehensible)
I'll buy it on ebay (I have fear), from Korea, I would like to buy the American version, but here in Spain there are many problems with customs with purchases from there, and from Korea arrived warm

Sorry for the long post and sorry for my English

Last edited by Frank_T; 04-30-2012 at 12:09..
Old 04-30-2012, 15:33   #6
lupu_de_balta
Wolf_of_water

Send a message via Yahoo to lupu_de_balta

actually, your english is pretty good... well... sandisk, is pretty good, considering it's price... it is worse than iphone, and cowon.... but it is 30 bucks, while a cowon is about 250, and iphone 4 gets around 500 in some zones...

anyway, an experience of mine, all apple products are worse, than cowon ones...

they are able to do more than cowon ones, but only audiowise, they are worse...

also, if you are looking only for audio, don't pull the trigger, before you look into cowon c2, as it has more battery, and the same quality, as d3 and z2......
balta=water.
lupu_de_balta is offline View lupu_de_balta's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:45   #7
Frank_T

C2 is great mp3, but android give me more options using market apps, only I don´t know if the problem that the sound sounds lower than cowon applications would be resolved, I have read on this forum that the latest update improves the sound in the PowerAMP, and I've also heard rumors that cowon this about to be certified by google to implement the market in a new update, I made a root to d3 but then I did not find an option to enable it to receive any update or officially or by the scene, the d3 was castrated, so I am reluctant to install third party updates of market in the z2

One more thing lupu_de_balta, you've proven Neutronplayer applications and PlayerPro? PlayerPro the D3 was very slow, and did not run neutroplayer

Thanks for all again