iAudiophile.net Forums

Go Back   iAudiophile.net Forums > Flash-Memory Players > Cowon D2/D2+

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2012, 21:52   #31
iaudioed

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf781 View Post
D2+ 16G goes with me wherever I go.
Same, cept mine's an 8gig (+ 2gig SD card).

It's about 2-3 years old, second hand. Chipped and scratche din many places, and it's been on many adventures with me.

I'm pretty sure there is sand in it, as the mike's become desensitised, and i hear noise when i shake the device.

Still, it is the BEST for music (...but my Cowon iAudio U2 is... BETTER?? Too bad it's only 512mbs )

I'm rather sick of this device though, and want an upgrade, most likely to another Cowon, or... an Walkman! -with a noise-cancelling feature. Just waiting for this one to DIE. Too bad it's so rugged and durable, it seems like it'll be alright for like 5 more years at least.

Last edited by iaudioed; 04-23-2012 at 21:54..
iaudioed is offline View iaudioed's Photo Album   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-26-2012, 21:12   #32
feardapenguin

I've still got my 4GB D2 (with a 16GB SD) and running v2.59. It's my primary PMP and gets used everyday. It's old but I LOVE IT! Given the choice I'd replace it with another D2 in a heartbeat.

It's definitely got whiskers now and is starting to give me problems. Occasionally I turn it on and am greeted to "No Music". After turning it off and waiting a bit it magically recognizes music files again. BUT... from that point on it no longer switches tracks without locking up between tracks. I have to stop the song prior to the end in order to select a new song for play. When it does lock up the only way to fix it is to reinstall the firmware. This has happened three or four times in the last six months.

I'm real close to pulling the trigger in a J3.
feardapenguin is offline View feardapenguin's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 21:42   #33
marcusgi

I still have a 8gb D2, a 16gb D2+ and now a C2. With some of the UI's that jpgr made, the C2 is really similar to the D2's. Especially the annoying time of day screens and spinning artwork. The only feature that is worse on the C2 IMO is that you have to press the power button to wake it up instead of touching the touchscreen. The UI's are easily learned within a couple hours. A bonus is the C2 is smaller in height, but slighly larger screen. I wonder, as others have said, when is the point that I buy 2 batteries for the D2's knowing that they could be sitting on my shelf or have been sitting on a shelf in a warehouse. Does anyone have a knowledge of batteries to know will a lithum battery that has been on a shelf for say 2 years still provide decent charges after you start using it?

Last edited by marcusgi; 04-29-2012 at 22:10..
marcusgi is offline View marcusgi's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:30   #34
paulr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerebron View Post
This solution is only half good, because battery in my D2+ is perfectly fine and fairly new, so I'd have to buy this new battery and put it on the shelf for god knows how long, a couple of years, probably. And they do get old, if they only lie around and are not kept busy. Well, anyway, half-decent battery is better than a bad one, isn't it?
There is a stickied thread about DIY battery replacement. Basically there are some cellular phone batteries that are just about the right size to fit in the D2. They don't have the right connector but if you can solder, you can take the connector off the old battery and put it on the new one. The phone batteries are made in high enough quantity and there are enough types that you should be able to keep finding them for quite a while. Worst case scenario is you can't find one just the right size and you have to use a smaller one, giving you less runtime.
paulr is offline View paulr's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 15:38   #35
daveyd

Default Love my D2 but it's nearing it's journey's end....

I've still got my D2 after 3 years or so - It's the DAB version and that was important to me as I wanted to catch Radio5 Sports Extra on the move - I cannot find a better portable combination of DAB and the sound quality of the MP3's than what the D2 offers. I did have to send it to AdvancedMP3 a year ago and they replaced the battery for a nominal fee. Well worth it too. Only now the touch screen is getting a little desensitised, and i'm having to push pretty hard on the screen to access the menus.

Why did Cowon not continue with DAB on their C2, or other products???? It's a big selling point for me. Just in case my trusted D2 does pack up, does anyone know of killer DAB/MP3 portable player combo similiar to the D2?
daveyd is offline View daveyd's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:30   #36
cereal_killer

Hello everybody,

I am a long time reader and first time poster (believe it or not, but it's almost 6 years now, since I first came here, to look for informations about the Cowon D2). I don't quite still have my D2 but rather

I JUST GOT A D2+

and I love it!!!

I realy appreciate this community a lot, because I find so many useful informations, that so many people posted here, that I even enjoy my d2+ more and more.

Big up to all the D2/D2+ owners, themers, rockboxers, forum members...

Greetings,

c_k
cereal_killer is offline View cereal_killer's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:27   #37
bcl

D2 is great, still use it as main remote audio device.
bcl is offline View bcl's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:00   #38
Veget

Well, not only do I have and use my 2GB D2 every day since 2007, but I also still have and occasionally use my 1GB G3 Those are the two best players Cowon has ever released.
Veget is offline View Veget's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:05   #39
kdaniel6217

I still have my white D2 4gb with 4gb sd i bought it with. Still cant believe i mailed cash to the seller to buy this back in 07. Lol!
Over the years I had to epoxy the menu button piece that was comig off the board, replaced the battery, installed D2+ firmware and installed plastic case purchased from cowon back in 08. It still runs like new, but haven't used it in a while. Primary mp3 changed to iPhone 4 because I can sync to the car, but still look at the d2 time to time.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:58   #40
BigRed02

I bought mine in January 2009. I only use it to record off FM, usually in our religious meetings, and then copy it to my PC to edit.

I like the audio quality and the long battery life.

The main problem is the lack of a detailed manual. I record in FM, but I cannot play it back because I cannot find the file. Obviously it is there.

Another small problem is the record time limit of 4.5 hours although that is just a small inconvenience. I just turn it off and on during lunch. There are times when I would like to leave it on about 8 hours.
BigRed02 is offline View BigRed02's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:43   #41
roekja

Hi Guys,

I got 3 of them.2x d2+ 16GB , and 8GB, and 1 D2 4GB.
I installed Rockbox on the D2+ 8GB a week ago.This was for testing it out.I love it! especially the 5 band Parametric EQ wich allowes me to finetune the curves.( amplitude, center frequency and bandwidth can be chosen, the bas extends to 20hz)
Next im gonna buy a 128 GB SDXC card and put the best of my Flac on it.
There are no limits to the amount of files when using Rockbox.

Im using a Sennheiser MX980 super high quality earbud.These sound amazing! Ive made custom molds for these so they are allways sitting snug fitted in the same position.They also dont alter the sound.The MX980 need open space behind the "cup" cuz it's part of the bas port.That's why the molds are "open".I first made them using rubber hardening in my ear, with the earbuds in place.Then i made them in plastic.I cant live without these molds anymore.Whatever i do they stay in place.This is a perfect solution for people who cant stand inears.(earcanal speakers) It takes some time to make them but these MX980 deserve it.
I've got one spare MX980 left.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0002.jpg (50.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by roekja; 10-16-2012 at 13:02..
roekja is offline View roekja's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 20:16   #42
TheDarkSide
Haters gonna hate,...

Send a message via Yahoo to TheDarkSide

Cowon D2+ now, but I'm so bust after hurricane Sandy that I've yet to load music on it. Soon,...I want me D2+ for jammin',...
Old 11-16-2012, 23:24   #43
brandvegn

Default Still have my original Korean D2 and use it a lot.

The battery is insanely long lasting. I have the 4GB (with a 16GB sd card). I got it off a website while working there. I have yet to find a comparable sounding device besides my Iaudio X5. When I try to listen to any type of file on my smartphone, it sounds digital. Warm tones and really high quality build. I lost my PowerDic recently when upgrading and unfortunately, both rapishare and cowon's own site do not have it. If anyone could pop it on dropbox or another site, that would be awesome. I have Korean lessons every Sunday and I like to look up words as I ride the bus.
brandvegn is offline View brandvegn's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:54   #44
cereal_killer

Hello brandvegn,

I am not sure, but i think POWERDIC.zip is the light version. Don't know if you could use that too.

Greetings,

c_k

edit: I thought the light version doesn't feature korean language, but it just doesn't have voice support and the pronunciation feature.

Last edited by cereal_killer; 11-27-2012 at 13:27..
cereal_killer is offline View cereal_killer's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:17   #45
Hoshi
Love~!

Just bought one off someone for $70...WOOHOO!