iAudiophile.net Forums

Go Back   iAudiophile.net Forums > Hard Disk Players > Cowon X7

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2012, 13:51   #1
cowonbastard

Default new X7 tested today, see the results

howdy folks !

after my cowon history i will tell you why u should get the stunning X7

im new to this forum and i hope i can find some help getting a new user GUI for my new X7. but lets get the story startet.

my first X5L i got in about 2005, this thing was awesome, very good sound and battery capacity, had a nice time with it, about 2 years. i dropped it several times but the HD never broke... that was a very robust thing.

ok then at some point the battery life expired after 2 years thats ok, it was heavily used so i decided to throw it away... satisfied with cowon i was looking for a new player and i came upon the iaudio7.

this player was awesome, it had the best sound i ever experienced with a mp3player and is still unmatched since then !
before my X5L i had 2 small batterypowered 8gb players that sucked big time. but coming back to the iaudio7, this thing was awesome, and had i know that never again a player with such a fantastic sound quallity would appear on the market i would have bought 3 pieces of it. just check the prices on ebayfor used iaudio7s !! i tortured this little guy he was my faithful companion , always. once we made a canu-trip i was fuckin drunk when my guys decide to get on a bank and take a piss, i was leaning on the boat and drunk as i was the player dropped into the water. SHIT i was thinking ! watching it siking down and still playing music, it was a hot day and i was drunk as fuck and it was the first day on our 3day trip. i grabbed into the water took this thing out and thought. foo ! that was not good. seconds later the screen turned black and it shut down. the next 2 days we listened music (i have a selfmade outdoorblaster, leadbatterypowered with carspeakers) with a shitty and expensive philips-player.

ok, coming home, i put the little guy in a dry corner...days later i thought...its senseless but give it a try, put it back on. IT WORKED and it stills plays today...the trip was 5 years ago.....

3 years ago i was lucky, hitting the iadio7 against a fucked up corner of somewhere , the menu button broke ! ...u know these situations wehre u think: the impossible did happen.FUCK !!

i tried to open this thing myself but i messed up one of these very slittle screws... no chance to pen this thing qanymore so i decided to drill it open... unofrtunately i drilled to far so i came out of the display on the other side.... is has now a hole in it.
so i handed this thing to a frind who is into surface mounting device stuff, u know small electric stuff i dont know a shit about. he fixed it !

and this stunning player still plays today !!! hails to the iaudio7 the best player ever !

then it was time to look around for a new player with more storage. the J3 came out in switzerland so i payed an awefull lot of money to get it ! ...but somethings was missing... the sound was so...... flat i played around with the EQ as always (im an EQ fetishist) no chance of reaching that stunning iaudio7 sound... but ok i had the 16gb version with a 16gb micro sd. it was ok.... a robust little friend that dropped several times... spend time with me in thailand and in different countries in the world. it was heavily used by myself... until some month ago, it dropped again, this time the display shattered... but it still worked just the glas broke.
robust as usuall, didnt expect any less from cowon.

have to mention i never updated the firmware..so the J3 was freezing from time to time or what was really annoying it started to re-read the microsd card.
ok so then after some heavy drinking sessions i was on my way home and really wanted some music. but this piece of shit froze again i was like O_O ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck im a very strong dude so i smashed this thing to pieces with my bare hands omg im so strong. i was folding it into half. then throw it away in my yard.

ok...it was time to look around for a new player

i was about getting the iaudio10...or something else.... and thank god i was stumbling about the X7..... the descision was fast... it has the best batterylife on the market, it has overwhelming storage capacity and it is big ! a big player for a big dude like me bought it for 320euros.

in the first place i was sceptical about so many people complaining about the user interface several bugs and that the sound quallity is equal to the J3.... but ok i thought get it !

the last 2 days i was feeding it with music, i got qabout 1,2TB mp3s ...but essentially i put about 80gb on it. its like the numbers in your mobile, 80% is useless

then i thought get yo ass out to the lake and test this thing.

put on playing around set the EQ.... and then .... omg that sound !
i was like O_O !!! oh yeah thats the real deal. i can asure you that sound is as kickass as the iaudio 7 ! in no way comparable to the flat and shallow sound of the J3.

batterylife and soundquallity of the X7 is unmatched. though i have no experience myself about how long the battery lasts (im using it since today) many users tell that it is just awesome.

ok.... but theres one thing thats really messed up. the UI.
i mean, cowon, why the hell ! this thing looks so shitty and is so useless.
i mean for me it worked without bugs. i play only mp3s. no flac bullshit no xjddsdfj junk. only mp3. no problems after putting on firmware 2.08

the touchscreen is ok... i prefer that reactive one more than the capacity one on the J3. the screenquallity is obsolete but thats ok for me.

it works. but it is so unfunctional in this point i prefer the J3 UI way more. so i decided to join here to find a way of possible get a new UI. hope u people can help me with that. besides, that player is awesome. it does what a mp3player should do. playing music - asskicking ! i need no video no picture bullshit only music, very high batterylife and storage, what more can u expect ? if im on to chose between the J3 and the X7 id go for the X7 ! absolutely !

hope u dont feel ur time wasted reading

cheers !
cowonbastard is offline View cowonbastard's Photo Album   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-24-2012, 14:59   #2
doniago
I, Like, Do Stuff Here.

Send a message via ICQ to doniago Send a message via Yahoo to doniago

Well...I don't feel my time was wasted, but that's mostly because I didn't read this long post. It's too long, a bit smiley-heavy, and the L33t-speak is really distracting to me.

If you really want to encourage people to buy the X7, I'd suggest a more concise and less "cool" post.

Also, this is a family-friendly forum. Drop the profanity going forward please.

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all."
doniago is offline View doniago's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 17:14   #3
cowonbastard

u really think that i care about what distracts you or not ?
Old 04-24-2012, 20:13   #4
doniago
I, Like, Do Stuff Here.

Send a message via ICQ to doniago Send a message via Yahoo to doniago

Unless you're posting just to watch yourself talk.

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all."
doniago is offline View doniago's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:53   #5
Flip Martian

I have some good friends in Switzerland, so I'll help you...

Check out Kizune's threads elsewhere on this forum. His GUIs are the best, and they work with the X7. Enjoy.
Flip Martian is offline View Flip Martian's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 14:32   #6
cowonbastard

yesterday i put on kizunes sense and leaf....

and i thank this dude so much ! kizune, du bist der mann !

da muss ein 20jähriger knirps kommen und cowon zeigen wie der hase läuft !

diese interfaces sind der hammer ! dickes dankeschön dafür !!

these GUIs are incredible, they make the X7 an absolutely stunning player !

i absolutely recommend every X7 owner to get them. awesome. nuttn more to say.

thanks kizune !
Thanks from:
Old 04-27-2012, 01:01   #7
Enzyme
(A)rrogance (B)reeds (I)gnorance

Quote:
in no way comparable to the flat and shallow sound of the J3.
hmmm...
Enzyme is offline View Enzyme's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:08   #8
cowonbastard

maybe ive messed up the EQ within the J3 but im sure after 7 years of using cowon i know how to handle a cowon EQ. its just my impression i had when listening first time to the X7 that it really blows. there is finally that kick-ass bass that i ve missed so much since my beloved iaudio7

ive read that they have the same soundchip inside ?

if so, than its a bad case of... i dont know the word hahaha