iAudiophile.net Forums

Go Back   iAudiophile.net Forums > Flash-Memory Players > Cowon Z2

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2012, 14:33   #1
CarTMan

Default few questions :)

hello!

I had COWON X5 for 5 years now, but it got broken last montth and now i am thinking about buying the Z2, and i have few questions.
I am not going to ask about sq because i know its great, what interests me most is the touch screen, android OP, apps, games and how is it in compare to ipod touch 4g.

1. first of all, is it worth buying in your opinion?
2. can i upgrade the android OS to a newer version?
3. can i get all the apps and games that a phone user can get on his smartphone(Samsung galaxy, HTC etc.)?
4. how is the touch screen?
5. how is it compared to Ipod touch? i know he sq is much better, but other then that...
6. I am from israel, so i cant realy buy it here, can you please reccommend me other websites i can order it from?

Thank you very much!!!
p.s, sorry for my english...
CarTMan is offline View CarTMan's Photo Album   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-20-2012, 17:27   #2
ages_devil

1- i think you should wait a little for the price to drop
2- if you mean ice-cream sandwich i don't think so, maybe if it got some community support some dev would create custom roms for it (for a pmp i don't think that ics would be that important)
3- you can side-load the apps or root the z2 and install them via market
4- from the reviews i've seen it's is good (capacitive and now all of them are good)
5- i've an ipod touch 3g and i'm thinking of getting the z2, other than the SQ, you will get better video support, iOS has more games and stuff but android now is so much better and judging from my experience more and more great stuff is coming out every day (better games, better apps)
6- if you want it's available on ebay, but i think it's better to wait a month or 2
Old 04-21-2012, 01:06   #3
CarTMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ages_devil View Post
1- i think you should wait a little for the price to drop
2- if you mean ice-cream sandwich i don't think so, maybe if it got some community support some dev would create custom roms for it (for a pmp i don't think that ics would be that important)
3- you can side-load the apps or root the z2 and install them via market
4- from the reviews i've seen it's is good (capacitive and now all of them are good)
5- i've an ipod touch 3g and i'm thinking of getting the z2, other than the SQ, you will get better video support, iOS has more games and stuff but android now is so much better and judging from my experience more and more great stuff is coming out every day (better games, better apps)
6- if you want it's available on ebay, but i think it's better to wait a month or 2
thank you!

but about question 5, i didnt mean to compare the apps and games in android OS and in apple ios, i wanted to know how are the games compared to other devices like ipod touch, samsung galaxy and others, how does the playing feels? is it annoying and luggs alot or is it smoove and ok?

CarTMan is offline View CarTMan's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:06   #4
fpaiy2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarTMan View Post
hello!
1. first of all, is it worth buying in your opinion?
2. can i upgrade the android OS to a newer version?
3. can i get all the apps and games that a phone user can get on his smartphone(Samsung galaxy, HTC etc.)?
4. how is the touch screen?
5. how is it compared to Ipod touch? i know he sq is much better, but other then that...
6. I am from israel, so i cant realy buy it here, can you please reccommend me other websites i can order it from?
1) It is definitely worth buying.
2) Depend on whether cowon is releasing the newer os version unless there is custom rom
3)Basically you are using an andriod os phone just that it does not have any phone feature so app or games that requires phone feature do not work.
4) the touch screen would be very responsive which is about same as samsung s2 or note. Though once in a while it will be a bit lag for spilt second. I would say that the firmware is still new.
5) the SQ is definitely way better. other than that it is made in korea which is much better that apple made in china in term of build quality.
6) Exportprive.com has good price though not sure whether it send to your country.