iAudiophile.net Forums

Go Back   iAudiophile.net Forums > Hard Disk Players > Cowon X7

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2012, 07:54   #1
mosche

Confused problem playing FLAC files

Firstly thanks to Brianh for his previous answer.
I've just got an X7 and have been having bother with it. I tried transfering some WMA files on it and they play fine. I put 3 albums in FLAC on it and they all jump and skip during playback. I bought this to replace an iPod so i really want to go with the lossless FLAC format. Is there noted problems playing FLAC? Am i doing something wrong? Thanks.
mosche is offline View mosche's Photo Album   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-03-2012, 08:28   #2
Adoby
96GB J3 UE700 KPP

Try to validate the flac files to ensure that they are OK. There are online services that do this, or you could simply decode the files using the flac program. Just Google it. "how do I validate flac files?"

Or rip and make some new flac files that you know are OK.
$if($or($in(%genre%,Classical),$in(%genre%,Baroque )),/Classical/,/Artists/)$firstalphachar($upper($if2(%albumartist%,%artist %)),#)/$if2(%albumartist%,%artist%)/$if(%date%,$left(%date%,4) ~ )%album%$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1), %discnumber%)$if(%discsubtitle%, \(%discsubtitle%\))$if($eq(%_extension%,flac), FLAC,)/$num(%tracknumber%,2) ~ %artist% ~ %title%

Last edited by Adoby; 04-03-2012 at 08:30..
Adoby is offline View Adoby's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:
Old 04-04-2012, 16:21   #3
mosche

Ok..i validated the files and they all passed fine. I might be doing something wrong? Can the X7 play FLAC at 24 bit? I tried putting some 16 bit on it and they seemed ok. I really wanted the best possible quality on it so I'm unsure of what to use.
One other thing....is there a work around with the touchscreen? I'm just about to launch it through the window its so frustrating. I tried to do the touch calibration and it just locks up until i have to reset the unit!
mosche is offline View mosche's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 16:58   #4
Adoby
96GB J3 UE700 KPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosche View Post
Can the X7 play FLAC at 24 bit?
No.
$if($or($in(%genre%,Classical),$in(%genre%,Baroque )),/Classical/,/Artists/)$firstalphachar($upper($if2(%albumartist%,%artist %)),#)/$if2(%albumartist%,%artist%)/$if(%date%,$left(%date%,4) ~ )%album%$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1), %discnumber%)$if(%discsubtitle%, \(%discsubtitle%\))$if($eq(%_extension%,flac), FLAC,)/$num(%tracknumber%,2) ~ %artist% ~ %title%
Adoby is offline View Adoby's Photo Album   Reply With Quote