Wow, that sucks. I expected it to drop. Oo

Profiles: Google+ // deviantART // flickr
zen-kizu is offline View zen-kizu's Photo Album   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-19-2012, 16:21   #92
Androsone

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAI View Post
price actually went up here in the states. last time i saw the 32GB model for the S9/J3 it was 220 now it's 250
yea I saw the j3 16gb model for 300+
Androsone is offline View Androsone's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 16:36   #93
WAI
VIP Member

Send a message via MSN to WAI Send a message via Yahoo to WAI

where at? @Amazon only for 259 32GB or 200 used. 16GB is 200 which i guess is an alright price but the 32GB please... drop 30 off
+ READ the Disclaimer Notice.Thanks!
Link to All COWON Products includes: Firmware/Manuals/logos (Unable to access them without Login)
FOLLOW ME!

Youtube
Twitter
WAI is offline View WAI's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 17:51   #94
Androsone

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAI View Post
where at? @Amazon only for 259 32GB or 200 used. 16GB is 200 which i guess is an alright price but the 32GB please... drop 30 off
it was the white one, don't know why it's $600 though http://www.amazon.com/Cowon-Portable...2197424&sr=8-2

Last edited by Androsone; 03-19-2012 at 17:55..
Androsone is offline View Androsone's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:09   #95
NonApplicable

When devices are discontinued prices increase.
NonApplicable is offline View NonApplicable's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 17:10   #96
t.k. the hedgehog

Hey Kizune, I have a question for you. This question has seemed to evade this topic entirely.

The z2...is it worth getting?

As you might know, i have an old X5 thats working, but probably not for much longer... is the Z2 even worth it? Is it stable enough for everyday use? is it worth the money and worth the wait to purchase? The D3 most CERTAINLY was not, and was a huge let down for a lot of us. please let us know.

these questions may seem redundant. but I want your full, blunt, final verdict on the Z2
t.k. the hedgehog is offline View t.k. the hedgehog's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:29   #97
zen-kizu
Formerly "Kizune"

That depends on your preferences.

For music related-tasks, the J3 is superior. The Z2 doesn't have playlist support and there isn't even a favorites list like on the J3. All we have is a bookmarks list, which I think is also to be considered a favorites list because when you add a track to the "favorites" in the file browser, it appears there.
Also, there's an annoying delay when you change tracks, even when the screen is switched off. I've had a J3 before the Z2 and it changed the track immediately.
My J3 just feels more sophisticated because Cowon improved the firmware a lot during the S9-era. (As we know, the S9's firmware was used as base for Cowon later products)
In case of the Z2 this period of firmware updates and improvements is still ongoing and this is probably also the reason why Cowon is waiting that long for the international release.

Please note, though, that I use the stock app because sometimes 3rd-party music apps love to kill my ears by setting the volume all the way up.

Video-wise the Z2 is definitely fantastic because it supports many formats and the video app provides lots of features and settings.

Battery-wise the J3 is a clear winner and when you forget to switch the Z2 off, its battery keeps draining quite fast.... at least that's how it was before firmware V1.28 Beta.
I forgot to switch my Z2 off for four whole days now and it's still running! Cowon definitely did a great job improving the Z2's sleep mode in their latest firmware.

I suggest you to wait for the international release.

Last edited by zen-kizu; 03-27-2012 at 01:33..
Old 03-27-2012, 10:51   #98
snakebite2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizune View Post
I forgot to switch my Z2 off for four whole days now and it's still running! Cowon definitely did a great job improving the Z2's sleep mode in their latest firmware.
What do you mean you forgot to switch it off? you left the player playing music? Did they improve the audio playback time?
snakebite2 is offline View snakebite2's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:27   #99
zen-kizu
Formerly "Kizune"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebite2 View Post
What do you mean you forgot to switch it off?
No, I put the Z2 in sleep mode, i.e. I switched its screen off. Before V1.28 Beta, the battery drained all the way down when you forgot to shut the Z2 down entirely, and now I can leave the Z2 in sleep mode over night and it only loses 10-15% battery life.

Old 03-28-2012, 00:25   #100
t.k. the hedgehog

Hmmm it sounds promising. One other question.....sound quality? My x5 is just about perfect....the j3 was quieter than my x5 at maximum.... is the z2 louder or as loud as your j3?
t.k. the hedgehog is offline View t.k. the hedgehog's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 00:35   #101
zen-kizu
Formerly "Kizune"

The Z2 is slightly quieter. (Tested with ATH-M50, both players at maximum volume)

Old 03-28-2012, 11:36   #102
Rob_127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizune View Post
The Z2 is slightly quieter. (Tested with ATH-M50, both players at maximum volume)
My test yielded different results, the Z2 was a bit louder than the J3. I used my Grado SR225i.
Rob_127 is offline View Rob_127's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:39   #103
t.k. the hedgehog

So judging by both your results......and factoring in the differences......theyre about the equal? Lol
Old 03-29-2012, 10:24   #104
Enzyme
(A)rrogance (B)reeds (I)gnorance

quieter ath-m50 = 38ohms

louder grado sr225i = 32ohms

i'm still convinced its an issue ><
Enzyme is offline View Enzyme's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:17   #105
Lyrrad

I have read through his thread but am still undecided what to get.

I have recently lost my J3 and was just going to replace it. However I am very interested in Z2. I would imagine that 75% of the time I used J3 for FLAC files and the other 25% was converted mkv files using Handbrake. So I think I certainly need to give the Z2 some proper consideration.

What I need help on is as follows:

The Z2 plays mkv files, but nearly all of my mkv files are 1080p encoded with DTS and range from 8 - 15gb in size. I am perfectly happy to use a 32 or 64 gb card and dedicate it purely to films. I know I would not get many on a card but I'm ok with that. It would just be nice not to have to convert films. Can anyone tell me if they have experience running this kind of mkv file on the Z2?

Also I have just recently bought Sennheiser HD 25-1 II headphones and the match on the J3 was stunning as far as I am concerned. Should the Z2 be just as able to drive these headphones?

Also I can't help think that the J3 is the finished article and whilst the Z2 may well be what the D3 should have been, my lack of real understanding of how Cowon behave when it comes to supporting a product in EU means that I am unsure if the Z2 will ever get a further firmware upgrade should it be needed.

I don't know if I should just stick with what I know and continue to wait for a player that can handle 1080p mkv files and buy that purely for my AV requirements. It does seem a bit wasteful to me though.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Lyrrad is offline View Lyrrad's Photo Album   Reply With Quote