iAudiophile.net Forums

Go Back   iAudiophile.net Forums > Flash-Memory Players > iAudio 7

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2009, 02:39   #16
Azol

Can you encode to flac some short audio file for testing and upload it somewhere for others to try? I will download it to my i7 and let you know the result. I have latest firmware.
Azol is offline View Azol's Photo Album   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-12-2009, 13:40   #17
Adi_oh

http://tinyurl.com/flac44100 (last porcupine tree
sorry that's not really short (7.7M)
i posted in CowonAmerica Support and i've beed told that "The file was downloaded and it will be tested by one of our technicians."
Adi_oh is offline View Adi_oh's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:36   #18
Azol

I can playback this file without any problems (FW 1.18)

Okay, can you try one more thing (to make sure the file has not got changed when you transfer it to i7):

connect i7 to PC again;
copy this file to i7 in MUSIC folder;
make sure your Windows Explorer has the option "Hide file extensions for known file types" DISABLED;
check if file's FULL name still ends with .flac extension.

From my experience, I have seen most outrageous things happening due to some application changing file extensions (or adding a second extension) "on the fly". Most music players can recognize such files by their content while i7 can not.

Last edited by Azol; 10-13-2009 at 09:45..
Old 10-14-2009, 12:59   #19
Adi_oh

thank for your test.
I've checked, it's all right with the extension.
Do you have JetAudio installed on your PC ?
Old 10-15-2009, 02:47   #20
Azol

No, I have never used it. My primary instrument is EAC which I use to convert my CD collection into FLAC files so I can listen to the music both on my computer at work <blushes> and on i7.

What is left to try:

1) Reset player to factory defaults (this step is described in player manual. If you do not have it, check online version in sticky topic in this board).

2) Try again to transfer your FLAC files via another Windows computer - not the one you use normally (without JetAudio maybe).

3) If nothing else works and you have latest firmware (1.18), try reformatting a flash memory (though I do not think it is the case here). There were instructions (http://www.cowonglobal.com/zeroboard...ort&category=0) about formatting 16Gb i7 via Windows computer. Be sure to have all your music files backuped as they will be deleted completely together with bookmarks and all other files you may have on i7.
Old 10-24-2009, 14:24   #21
Baines77

Hi,

Just registered here as I've been searching through forums all day looking for a solution to the same problem with FLACs on the I7 which has been driving me insane. Anyway, think I've found a solution of sorts on another thread here:

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?p=256777

...I renamed the FLAC extension to FLA once I transferred them over and they're appearing and playing now. I have no idea why this works perhaps someone who's more tech savvy will be able to figure out what's going on if renaming the extension makes it work?
I don't think it can be anything to do with how the FLAC is encoded it's files that used to work fine that stopped appearing/playing.
Baines77 is offline View Baines77's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 18:33   #22
Adi_oh

Wooooo !! Thank for your solution ! It works

It worked by :
- copy and rename to .fla
- rename to .fla and then copy
- Using the PC of a friend (without renaming the file, but it worked on only 1 PC on the 5 I tested)

I don't know why it doesnt work with the "flac" extension, but you can see on the icon of the file on the I7 that it's written FLA and not FLAC...

I'm going to tell it to the technicians I called to help me : http://support.cowonamerica.com/supp...ticketid=22867

There last reply :

Quote:
Posted On: 12 Oct 2009 09:23 AM

The file was downloaded and it will be tested by one of our technicians.
Thank You,
Technical Suppport Staff
Cowon America Inc
"Digital Pride"
I think you've found the solution before them
Old 03-27-2012, 19:42   #23
petrecanie

I have the same problem with the flac files. The really strange thing is that I have some flac files on it for a few years, who used to work fine, and now the player gives me a big NO MUSIC FILE. I'll try changing the extension to .flc (the old flac extension) to see if it works...
L.E. It only works with .fla, not with .flc (well, I had to try...)

Last edited by petrecanie; 03-27-2012 at 20:09..
petrecanie is offline View petrecanie's Photo Album   Reply With Quote

Tags
flac, iaudio