iAudiophile.net Forums

Go Back   iAudiophile.net Forums > Flash-Memory Players > Cowon D2/D2+ > D2 Themes, Tweaks And Anything Flash

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2012, 20:57   #1
Martijn1

Default Firmware 3.14 with "Cassini patch" (with and without Rockbox)

Those of you familiar with themes created by Cassini know that some themes require a patch that will make the text in the menus go away.

This patch is not available for firmware version 3.14 so I made it myself and want to share it with you .

Download here:

Cowon D2 firmware 3.14 with Cassini patch
Cowon D2 firmware 3.14 with Cassini patch and Rockbox (boots stock firmware by default, and Rockbox by holding the "Hold"-switch)

If you don't know what Rockbox is or do not want it just download the first file.

Place the D2N_P.bin file in the root of your D2 and combine it with the theme of your choice by using its D2N_P_rs.bin file.

What I wanted was a D2 updated to the very latest version, using Cassini's Pearl theme, including a bootloader for Rockbox booting the stock firmware by default, and Rockbox when holding the "Hold"-switch. Since such a firmware image was not available I decided to make it myself. I used D2strings to remove the menu text, and mktccboot to add the Rockbox bootloader that is currently linked to from the Rockbox wiki.

I hope my little contribution is of use to you all. Enjoy everyone, and thanks to all of you who have kept the D2 alive for so long, I have been looking around on these forums for a long time and have used a lot of the things you have produced.
Martijn1 is offline View Martijn1's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-01-2012, 13:16   #2
michael1946

I don't quite understand why you want/need a patched file for Cassine pearl theme as it doesn't contain text in menu icons (see attachment) compared with e.g. OLED III!?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01icons.jpg (19.6 KB, 0 views)
michael1946 is offline View michael1946's Photo Album   Reply With Quote