iAudiophile.net Forums

Go Back   iAudiophile.net Forums > Flash-Memory Players > Cowon D2/D2+ > D2 Firmware

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2011, 14:44   #1
convergence

Default I just got my old d2 back from RMA and am confused about the firmware

So I bricked my d2 looong ago. I finally sent it in, they flashed the firmware for me, and added in a new battery.

Anyway, the firmware says version 2.13. So either they updated my old d2 fw to the new d2+ firmware, or they installed a VERY old version of the old d2 firmware.

How can I tell for sure exactly what fw is installed. I've already checked it in the system information, and I've watched it boot up and read the version number there (in both cases it simply says "2.13"), but that still leaves a little ambiguity.

I kind of think that they flashed a very old version of the fw, because one of the different features that the d2+ is supposed to have is bbe +, whereas my d2 has just bbe.

Any help would be appreciated.
convergence is offline View convergence's Photo Album   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-14-2011, 16:21   #2
michael1946

Have a look at http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showpo...60&postcount=1!
Version 2.13 is definitely a D2+ FW, there is no D2 FW 2.13!
michael1946 is offline View michael1946's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 16:22   #3
convergence

I think I figured it out. First of all, the linux kernel (or at least udev or whatever daemon is responsible for this kind of thing these days) identifies the device as a d2+. Also, I looked at the images in the sticky thread that has instructions for flashing the d2 to d2+ and they led me to believe that I was using the d2+ firmware. (at the top of the jeteffects menu it says "bbe +)

However, if I'm wrong, please let me know.
Old 09-14-2011, 16:24   #4
convergence

michael1946:

Yeah, I had noticed that too, however, I wasn't convinced, simply because if there ever was a 2.13 for the legacy d2, it would probably not be listed there as it is standard practice to only keep the few latest versions available for download.

But--- I think that you were right anyway. See above.

Thanks for the response.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:56   #5
michael1946

Quote:
Originally Posted by convergence View Post
michael1946:

Yeah, I had noticed that too, however, I wasn't convinced, simply because if there ever was a 2.13 for the legacy d2, it would probably not be listed there as it is standard practice to only keep the few latest versions available for download.

But--- I think that you were right anyway. See above.

Thanks for the response.
Just for clarification: you can install a D2+ FW on a D2, see e.g. http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showpo...03&postcount=1 or http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showpo...34&postcount=1!
So if your FW says it is a D2+ FW, this does not necessarily mean that your device is a D2+; it can be a D2!
michael1946 is offline View michael1946's Photo Album   Reply With Quote