Join Date: Jan 2011
The last response is quite old now but I figure A3 users would beinterested to know that I just tonight successfully upgraded my A3 using a Samsung HS12YHA/N (N3) from an old iPod 5.5gen (disk has apple symbol). Shows 111GB.
1. Install in an external 1.8" usb case
2. quick format to assign a drive letter using Windows (I'm on Win7 x64 Ultimate)
3. use the fat32format from Cowon
4. copy the latest firmware files (I used the 1.34 version from JP site)
5. install the disk in the A3 and boot.
Good luck and happy upgrading!
PS I just may attempt this with a 160GB single platter from and old iPod...don't see why it wouldn't work...