iAudiophile.net Forums

Go Back   iAudiophile.net Forums > Flash-Memory Players > Cowon D2/D2+

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2009, 14:37   #16
vampire666
Got some blood to spare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieE View Post
Not sure I agree with the "small amounts loading" thing - has this ever been proved or is it just guess work?

The only time my db ever corrupted was when I was following this advice, I've since gone back to the quicker option of just dumping the lot in there and it hasn't corrupted since.
There are several users that reported that uploading a considerable amount of files led to a db corruption, while others said that as long as you tag your files correctly you could upload as many files you wanted.

Anyway, x.59 firmwares handles better "wrong" tags so with this firmware point 4 might not be of any value now (if ever).

P.S. I never had a database corruption no mater how many files I uploaded...but it's also true that I have always been quite careful and organized when I tagged my files...

Last edited by vampire666; 02-14-2009 at 16:26..
vampire666 is offline View vampire666's Photo Album   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-27-2009, 15:03   #17
fiffo

simple questions: what are the first steps after buying a D2+? XD
fiffo is offline View fiffo's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 17:59   #18
dalezjc

Just got my D2+ (yea!), but was wondering how I check what firmware version was shipped with the unit?

Dale
dalezjc is offline View dalezjc's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 18:49   #19
vampire666
Got some blood to spare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalezjc View Post
Just got my D2+ (yea!), but was wondering how I check what firmware version was shipped with the unit?

Dale
Start the D2, go in "Settings" ---> "Information" ---> you'll find your FW version there.

Old 05-01-2009, 13:33   #20
dalezjc

Thanks!
dalezjc is offline View dalezjc's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 14:10   #21
vampire666
Got some blood to spare?

You are welcome!

Old 05-01-2009, 14:39   #22
JimM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire666 View Post
There are several users that reported that uploading a considerable amount of files led to a db corruption, while others said that as long as you tag your files correctly you could upload as many files you wanted.

Anyway, x.59 firmwares handles better "wrong" tags so with this firmware point 4 might not be of any value now (if ever).

P.S. I never had a database corruption no mater how many files I uploaded...but it's also true that I have always been quite careful and organized when I tagged my files...
For what it's worth, I just got my D2 yesterday and using it as it came (FW 2.57), I loaded >6GB of music onto it, and I've had no problems. I did check all my tags prior to loading, but I don't know what exactly a "wrong" tag would be, so I can't say if that'd be a factor in this or not. In any case, I loaded my whole library onto the D2 and didn't get any kind of database corruption.
JimM is offline View JimM's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:
Old 05-09-2009, 06:49   #23
a_b_doo_b

Default BBE+ audio enhancement

can BBE+ audio enhancement ( the one which comes with D2+) can be installed on/ used with D2.
a_b_doo_b is offline View a_b_doo_b's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:34   #24
vampire666
Got some blood to spare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_b_doo_b View Post
can BBE+ audio enhancement ( the one which comes with D2+) can be installed on/ used with D2.
Hi.
Yes, you can use BBE+ on any Cowon D2 if you upload the D2+ firmware on the D2.
There are many guides on how to do this in the Firmware subsection (look at the stickies).

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56

Old 05-11-2009, 02:53   #25
a_b_doo_b

[quote=vampire666;236454]Hi.
There are many guides on how to do this in the Firmware subsection (look at the stickies).

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/forumd...=56[/quote]

i have some resevations regarding this upgrade

1) may it cause d2 to brick?
2) can dictionary be retained in this FW. as it 2.xx. i really dont wanna lose it?
3) will there be any SQ enhancement with BBE+ as claimed by cowon?
4) any considerable improvemnts? is it really worth it?

tnanx...
Old 05-11-2009, 03:31   #26
EddieE
Non-Hierarchical Anti-Establishment Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_b_doo_b View Post
Quote:
Hi.

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56

i have some resevations regarding this upgrade

1) may it cause d2 to brick?
2) can dictionary be retained in this FW. as it 2.xx. i really dont wanna lose it?
3) will there be any SQ enhancement with BBE+ as claimed by cowon?
4) any considerable improvemnts? is it really worth it?

tnanx...
1) I guess if you did it wrong maybe. I've never bricked mine, but have read you can always recover it with tcctool. So long as you follow the instructions carefully the upgrade will work fine.

2) If you use the 2.xx D2+ firmware I would guess so. I know for a fact it's on the 1.xx frmware, both vintage and +.

3) It's down to personal preference. Tests have been done to show on paper it is technically better, but that doesn't mean you're going to prefer it. I personally much prefer BBE+ to BBE, others don't.

4) I think so, you might not, but you can always go back if you don't like it. Besides the BBE+ you also get page-at-a-time browsing which is a great adition, and the base GUI looks a hell of a lot better. Even if you're using themes you still have a white/grey loading screen rather than that annoying blue one with the vintage software.
Old 05-11-2009, 14:00   #27
a_b_doo_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieE View Post
1) I guess if you did it wrong maybe. I've never bricked mine, but have read you can always recover it with tcctool. So long as you follow the instructions carefully the upgrade will work fine.

2) If you use the 2.xx D2+ firmware I would guess so. I know for a fact it's on the 1.xx frmware, both vintage and +.

3) It's down to personal preference. Tests have been done to show on paper it is technically better, but that doesn't mean you're going to prefer it. I personally much prefer BBE+ to BBE, others don't.

4) I think so, you might not, but you can always go back if you don't like it. Besides the BBE+ you also get page-at-a-time browsing which is a great adition, and the base GUI looks a hell of a lot better. Even if you're using themes you still have a white/grey loading screen rather than that annoying blue one with the vintage software.

thanx mate for your reply.

just two things. one, will everyting be erased and the other, can i retain dict with this new version.

Last edited by a_b_doo_b; 05-11-2009 at 14:04..
Old 06-27-2009, 14:57   #28
cunnilinux

Send a message via ICQ to cunnilinux

Quote:
3. Upgrade/downgrade all your mp3ís to ID3 v2.3

i have id3 v2.4 (in utf-8) in all my mp3's. everythings works just fine.

Quote:
  • No lyrics/No comments
i have lyrics, comments and many other fancy-shmancy id3 frames in my mp3's. all that stuff appears to be absolutely harmless though can't be displayed on d2.
cunnilinux is offline View cunnilinux's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:15   #29
vampire666
Got some blood to spare?

Thanks cunnilinux. Which firmware are you using?

Old 07-13-2009, 10:51   #30
eggshen1

glad I found this site. I JUST got the d2+ 16gb as a gift. I have NEVER even considered a cowon but... I'm wondering now what do I do with it lol.
eggshen1 is offline View eggshen1's Photo Album   Reply With Quote