iAudiophile.net Forums

Go Back   iAudiophile.net Forums > Hard Disk Players > Legacy Cowon Models > Flash Memory Players > iAudio U5

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2008, 05:31   #1
WAI
VIP Member

Send a message via MSN to WAI Send a message via Yahoo to WAI
Default Firmware 2.13 Released!

HERE - let us know the FAQ
+ READ the Disclaimer Notice.Thanks!
Link to All COWON Products includes: Firmware/Manuals/logos (Unable to access them without Login)
FOLLOW ME!

Youtube
Twitter

Last edited by WAI; 03-22-2008 at 23:36..
WAI is offline View WAI's Photo Album   Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-12-2008, 17:41   #2
asagi

Please someone do a translation.

Thanks much
asagi is offline View asagi's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 20:19   #3
WAI
VIP Member

Just a fix on some ID3 Tag issues and stabilized other functions
Link to All COWON Products includes: Firmware/Manuals/logos (Unable to access them without Login)
FOLLOW ME!

Youtube
Twitter
Old 03-15-2008, 18:35   #4
asagi

Hi,

can i upgrade direct from 1.0 to 2.13?
Data lost?

THANKS
Old 03-15-2008, 21:00   #5
WAI
VIP Member

just back up your Data just in case. yes, you can go to 2.13
FOLLOW ME!

Youtube
Twitter
Old 03-16-2008, 11:00   #6
the_arm

Default a question...

I just downloaded this new firmware; I'm currently using 1.10b. I was about to install it when I started reading the next thread down (Brief iAudio U5 Review) and got to the end and it was talking about people upgrading from 1.1 to the 2.12 Korean version and losing all their fonts and having problems in general.

Is this 2.13 version a US/English version or a Korean one? I don't see it linked from the Cowon page (http://www.cowonglobal.com/) so I got a bit nervous.

If it is the Korean version, are there special instructions on how to upgrade? (copying the font file, etc...)

I'm hoping that fixing the m3u support fixes the problem I'm having! m3us sometimes load and sometimes don't; in fact the one m3u file will work fine, and then when I add some more music to the player without deleting anything the m3u file will stop working!

Thanks in advance - I'm going to hold off installing the firmware until I find out!
-arm
the_arm is offline View the_arm's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 16:53   #7
jv7

Default Upgrading from US 1.10 to KR 2.13

You have to format your U5 before installing the KR 2.13 firmware.

I just tried to upgrade from my previous US 1.10 firmware to the KR 2.13 firmware, and my U5 went dead (the PC couldn't read it anymore). So, then I had to format my U5, and lose all my files, but after that, when I installed the KR 2.13 firmware, the U5 worked fine in English.

The bottom line: backup your files, format your U5, then install KR 2.13, and enjoy all the glories of OGG and FLAC !

Note: The Music interface is different in the KR - no arrangement of files by artist, album, etc. you can only see your files according to the actual folders you copy to your U5. but the good part is the dynamic playlist function is available. so if you press the play button for over 3 seconds while you're playing a file, a menu appears allowing you to add it to the dynamic playlist! something that should be familiar to iaudiophiles ;-)
jv7 is offline View jv7's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:11   #8
asagi

Is ID3 browsing (album, artist..) not possible with 2.13?
The update shows something with ID3!

Thanks
Old 03-21-2008, 17:17   #9
the_arm

Default more questions

Hi there-
Thanks for the info! FLAC and ogg support would be fantastic!

I have a couple questions:

When you say "Format your U5" do you mean to format the memory using the U5 itself (under settings->system->format->memory)? or do you mean to mount the drive in Windows and then format it entirely? (as in right click on the drive letter when it is mounted in windows -> format (fat32)).

I'm guessing in the device, but I guess I don't know.

If device, do I need to format both memory and HDS?

Also, have you played around with the m3u support in 2.13? If so, how is it?

One of the main reasons I bought this player was the m3u support. (I'm hooked on MusicIP (www.musicip.com) with my squeezebox, and it generates m3us). The m3u support in 1.10b is flaky, but it mostly works. I'd hate to lose that functionality...I don't really need dynamic playlist support.

Thanks in advance,
arm
the_arm is offline View the_arm's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 22:27   #10
jv7

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_arm View Post
Hi there-
Thanks for the info! FLAC and ogg support would be fantastic!

I have a couple questions:

When you say "Format your U5" do you mean to format the memory using the U5 itself (under settings->system->format->memory)? or do you mean to mount the drive in Windows and then format it entirely? (as in right click on the drive letter when it is mounted in windows -> format (fat32)).

I'm guessing in the device, but I guess I don't know.

If device, do I need to format both memory and HDS?

Also, have you played around with the m3u support in 2.13? If so, how is it?

One of the main reasons I bought this player was the m3u support. (I'm hooked on MusicIP (www.musicip.com) with my squeezebox, and it generates m3us). The m3u support in 1.10b is flaky, but it mostly works. I'd hate to lose that functionality...I don't really need dynamic playlist support.

Thanks in advance,
arm
Glad to be of help. For format, I meant by mounting it on Windows, then right click > format (fat32)

I have to admit I'm not sure about m3u support, since I don't use it. I did try importing an m3u file into the U5, but it didn't show up on the Music menu, so my guess is that it doesn't support it (just as it doesn't support sorting by ID3 tags - though the ID3 tag info comes up on the play screen)

Hope this helps,
Old 03-22-2008, 07:44   #11
ataru_moroboshi80

Default Shuffle Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by jv7 View Post
Glad to be of help. For format, I meant by mounting it on Windows, then right click > format (fat32)

I have to admit I'm not sure about m3u support, since I don't use it. I did try importing an m3u file into the U5, but it didn't show up on the Music menu, so my guess is that it doesn't support it (just as it doesn't support sorting by ID3 tags - though the ID3 tag info comes up on the play screen)

Hope this helps,
And what about "Shuffle mode"?

Does U5 (with korean firmware) support this way to listen a list of songs (in a random way)?

Is there the opportunity to use "Shuffle all songs", that is to have a randomic list of all the songs stored on the U5 , not only the songs contained in a single folder?
ataru_moroboshi80 is offline View ataru_moroboshi80's Photo Album   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 20:43   #12
asagi

With so much things to look at i will stick with the Us1.10 and wait till the
next US update. It really took long to transfer 8GB again and again.

Otherwise a really great player, may the best i had ever.
Old 03-22-2008, 23:28   #13
jv7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataru_moroboshi80 View Post
And what about "Shuffle mode"?

Does U5 (with korean firmware) support this way to listen a list of songs (in a random way)?

Is there the opportunity to use "Shuffle all songs", that is to have a randomic list of all the songs stored on the U5 , not only the songs contained in a single folder?
Shuffle mode is well and alive in KR 2.13. Also, "Shuffle all songs" is possible too. Again, it's just browsing by ID3 tags that is disabled (and I guess m3u playlist as well).