Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kent, Washington USA
Pictures of Your S9 Setup
I always love these threads, lets see a mostly no discussion thread of pics of our favorite player. Ill start it out
Full Size Headphones: ATH M50s, Alessandro MS2 Fatboy
IEM: Shure SE530 (Fisher Custom), TripleFi 10, Sleek SA6 with W-1 Kleer Wireless, Creative EP630.
Amps: Meier Audio 3Move, Fiio E3
Players: Cowon S9, Cowon D2, Samsung P3, Sansa E260
Gaming: A40 + Mixamp with Xbox 360 GT: pseudohippy
Sold or given away list is way to long but I do miss my Raptor>HD650 combo an awful lot lol
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Netherlands
Cowon S9 Iphone 3GS
*music ....................*Games (monkey Island, Myst)
*radio ....................*WiFI/3G internet
^shut up, it works for me
I will NEVER ask for donations. PLEASE do NOT send any money to me.
Ya'll can call me da1 if ya like ;)!
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Small Review Cap (so people are not reading my usually long reviews)
The Fiio E5 is a 9/10 for me, Let me put the pro's and cons out there so you can understand how I reached that score.
1. Compact Size- about the size of the old elffuhs dopi (spelled backwards says... !)
2. Convenient clip- Fastened around one of the (belt) loops in my pants
3. Rechargeable- Unlike the E3, this does not require a AA battery, The Fiio E5 houses a lithium rechargeable battery.
4. Long lasting amp- Battery lasts about 20hrs per charge.
5. Accessories Included- Includes a short and long audio IN/OUT cable and mini USB cable. You can of course upgrade the audio cable but for those starting with portable amps, this gets you going right out the box.
6. Multiple buttons (than E3)- Unlike the E3, this has not only a ON button (lol ) but also a volume button and a Bass Boost ON/OFF switch.
7. Louder sound- Boosts sound levels up by about 4-6, so this allows you to lower the sound level on your device below 10.
8. Added sound- Bass boost makes your headphones beat a little harder and with my PK3's that's pretty cool since it already has good bass (for earbuds). I also can hear a bit more instruments alot more clearly and vocals are a bit louder.
9. Great Price- At Head-Direct, you can get the Fiio E5 for $22 (w/ $2 shipping) and recieve it in 2-3 days.
1. Only one...Hiss- It's actually not bad at lower volume levels but when you max out the volume on the Fiio E5, the hiss becomes apparent (not loud but not invisible, it's a little bit quiet). The only way to alleviate the hiss is to either lower the Fiio E5's volume (by 4-6 levels while raising the cowon's volume up) or play music that constantly is using instruments.
Still a great buy and I somehow made the review long anyway ...
To make up for that, here's some pics of my Cowon S9 with my Fiio E5 and Yuin PK3 combo, enjoy !
Prior MP3 Player | Cowon z2 32gb w/ 64gb Memory Stick, 20hr Audio
Current MP3 Player | Samsung Galaxy Player 8gb w/ 64gb Memory Stick,
linICS v2 and Voodoo Audio = 43hr Audio
Da1writer's Soapbox | http://www.youtube.com/user/da1writer1985
Last edited by da1writer; 04-01-2009 at 00:53..
Join Date: Mar 2009
Couldn't be happier with my setup And I agree with everyone that the FiiO E5 is a great little device. Can't live without it For the average user, it is a must buy for the price.
Current Setup : Cowon S9 16GB + Sennheiser IE8
Old Setup : Cowon S9 16GB + Graham Slee Voyager + Sennheiser HD650
Cowon S9 16GB + FiiO E5 + Sleek Audio SA6 w/ W1 Wireless Adapter.
Previous : iRiver Spinn 4GB, iPod Touch 1st Gen 16GB.
Join Date: Jun 2006
20gb iHP-120 -> 32gb X5 -> 16gb S9
Last edited by hweb21; 12-24-2009 at 19:07..
Very Old Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kewaunee, Wisconsin USA
I love My Cowon S9!!!
Well here is mine:
Picture of the Steinheil Anti Fingerprint Screen Protection Film:
No Fingerprints...I brought one that was for an iPod Touch 2G. You can see where I had to cut it down to fit.
The touch screen is just as responsive as it was without the screen protector...