iAudiophile.net Forums

iAudiophile.net Forums (http://iaudiophile.net/forums/index.php)
-   Cowon & iAudio News (http://iaudiophile.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   [POLL] Cowon Z2 & XDA (http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40320)

Kizune 01-23-2012 13:13

[POLL] Cowon Z2 & XDA

Bill726 recently sent me a PM in which he stated that he informed the XDA developers of the Z2. Well, he just sent me another message:

Quote:

There's a poll on XDA for adding forums for new devices, and I got the Z2 added to the second post in this thread:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1416406
If we get enough people to vote for the z2, then we get our own thread.

In other words...

1. Register in the XDA forums (unless you already have an account there)
2. Open said thread
3.a. If the Z2 is not in the top list: Submit a post which says that you vote for the Z2 (it's in the 2nd post ATM)
3.b. Otherwise vote for the Z2 the usual way (by using the checkboxes in the list box)

If you'd like to have the Z2 + Cyanogen Mod, then VOTE!
And even if you don't plan to buy it or if you don't want to use CM on the Z2, many Z2 owners would appreciate it if CM was available for their player. Voting for it increases the chance that CM gets developed for the Z2. Also, it's an optional ROM... if you don't want to use it, you don't have to.

The registration and the voting only take 5 minutes at the most.

If you don't want to use your own email address, there are several trashmail services available, such as http://www.trash-mail.com/. You have to confirm your account, though, so remember your trashmail address until you've received the confirmation.

Mini FAQ

Do you have to register there? Yes.

Do you have to use your own email address? No, there are several trashmail services available. You have to confirm your account, though, so remember your trashmail address until you've received the confirmation.

Do you have to use CM? No, it's optional.

Does posting a vote hurt? No, except you hate thankfulness of Z2 owners who'd like to use CM.

Are there any disadvantages if you vote? NO!

So, is there any reason not to vote? NO!

But if this poll is a success, you'll be able to use a custom ROM on the Z2 that performs way better than the stock firmware. As dfkt said, having a choice is a good thing, not a bad thing.

lupu_de_balta 01-23-2012 16:23

kizu, what is this thing Cyanogen Mod?

Kizune 01-23-2012 16:32

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CyanogenMod

andrew_berge 01-23-2012 18:00

Done.

dfkt 01-23-2012 18:56

Since CM is a full ROM replacement, it would quite likely mean the loss of BBE... also, Cowon's D3 video player is in my opinion actually far better than the other ones for Android, would be sad to lose that one too (if they keep it the same on the Z2).

Still, I voted. It's good to have a choice.

nehrou 01-23-2012 20:33

voted! being a user of an Android device, i'd love to see some development for it

Peaceful1 01-24-2012 00:46

I know few of those guys from other sources. nice place to share thoughts
Voted!

Peaceful1 01-24-2012 03:30

I forgot to share this:
http://www.xda-developers.com/announ...s-back-online/

a7x 01-24-2012 05:12

Voted :)

Kizune 01-24-2012 05:38

Awesome, 16 votes already. :)

Is someone able to let the people on cafe.naver.com know of that poll? They are way more active and I'm sure we'd get hundreds of votes for the Z2 by them.
(That person should also tell them that even if CM would mean that you lose BBE, it's still optional and some people might want to use it on their Z2 and voting for it increases the chance that CM gets developed for the Z2)

Peaceful1 01-24-2012 05:54

^^^
what about head-fi & ABI?!

Kizune 01-24-2012 06:01

Sure, these sites, too. I didn't think of them because I'm not very active there.^^

It's just important that everyone knows of this poll and votes for the Z2. :)

Bill726 01-24-2012 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peaceful1 (Post 325997)
^^^
what about head-fi & ABI?!

Looks like someone already got ABI.

ALEX@LIN 01-24-2012 11:15

OK , I voted and I'll notice the information to Chinese COWON forum .

Peaceful1 01-24-2012 11:37

this guy found out we all are one person[laugh]:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...28&postcount=9

Kizune 01-24-2012 11:41

Hehe, the mods there already seem to have checked the IP addresses, a few minutes ago one of them confirmed that all is fine. :)

ALEX@LIN 01-24-2012 11:48

You can use all over the world's IP on one PC by some software , so…… work in vain to check the IP .

lupu_de_balta 01-24-2012 11:56

dude, if this disables the jeteffects, it is not going to be a good thing.

Kizune 01-24-2012 12:05

As I said in the first post... some people might want to use CM.

Do you have to register there? Yes.

Do you have to use your own email address? No, there are several trashmail services available.

Does posting a vote hurt you? No, except you hate thankfulness of Z2 owners who'd like to use CM.

Do you have to use CM? No, it's optional.

Are there any disadvantages if you vote? NO!

So, is there any reason not to vote? Fuck, NO!

But if this poll is a success, you'll be able to use a custom ROM on the Z2 that performs way better than the stock firmware. As dfkt said, having a choice is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Kizune 01-24-2012 12:24

ALEX@LIN, I've opened the link to your thread and noticed that you posted instructions what to type/press/...
I'm not sure if you posted it there as I can't read Chinese, but in case the player appears in the list box at the top, you MUST NOT post a reply in the thread, otherwise your vote is ignored. You'll have to use the checkboxes in the list box in that case. I just want to make sure people won't spam the XDA forums. :)

ALEX@LIN 01-24-2012 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizune (Post 326024)
ALEX@LIN, I've opened the link to your thread and noticed that you posted instructions what to type/press/...
I'm not sure if you posted it there as I can't read Chinese, but in case the player appears in the list box at the top, you MUST NOT post a reply in the thread, otherwise your vote is ignored. You'll have to use the checkboxes in the list box in that case. I just want to make sure people won't spam the XDA forums. :)

Not all the Chinese is good at English(including me), so I writed a short instruction for them .

The problem is I didn't find Z2 in the Poll Options .How did you vote it? EN…… Even if guys spam the XDA forums, we can find the Email in the advertising box or dustbin:).

Kizune 01-24-2012 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALEX@LIN (Post 326028)
Not all the Chinese is good at English(including me), so I writed a short instruction for them .

Yeah, I know. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALEX@LIN (Post 326028)
The problem is I didn't find Z2 in the Poll Options .How did you vote it? EN…… Even if guys spam the XDA forums, we can find the Email in the advertising box or dustbin:).

No, wait. You've done all right. ;)

But as soon as the Z2 shows up in the list (which is not the case at the moment, but it will appear there soon), people must stop posting replies in the thread and have to use the poll options instead.

ALEX@LIN 01-24-2012 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizune (Post 326030)
But as soon as the Z2 shows up in the list (which is not the case at the moment, but it will appear there soon), people must stop posting replies in the thread and have to use the poll options instead.

OK, is 3:00AM here ,I'm going to sleep now. I hope Z2 appear in the list tomorrow. Thanks for your explanation, see you.

Too many can't express in English, crazying……

gannes 01-24-2012 13:56

well, voted as well, the Z2! thanks kizu for the notification!!

lupu_de_balta 01-24-2012 16:18

good, then all of us can post votes. it is just that it doesn't feel right to buy a cowon, and use it without it's effects, but as kizune said, it is a chioice. who knows, maybe there would be users who would like to use it. again, who knows?...

i will post my vote, so that the world will be even more democratic!...

andrew_berge 01-24-2012 16:23

My vote was deleted for some reason. Do they count the votes then delete posts to keep the thread uncluttered or something?

Kizune 01-24-2012 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew_berge (Post 326040)
My vote was deleted for some reason. Do they count the votes then delete posts to keep the thread uncluttered or something?

Yeah, seems so. The number of votes was added to the 2nd post (which contains the devices with little votes).

Sakadagami 01-24-2012 17:25

I voted 10 hours ago and I think it was removed. [confused]. Anyway I voted again!!. I counted only 8 votes but in the list appears 16, so possibly they delete them to keep it clean.

Uphaillife 01-24-2012 18:20

voted. good to see some cowon support again. :D maybe give rise to another cowon community.

maybe there will be a way to port the BBE effects. probably illegal, but it's worth the thought.

dfkt 01-24-2012 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew_berge (Post 326040)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakadagami (Post 326049)
I voted 10 hours ago and I think it was removed. [confused]. Anyway I voted again!!. I counted only 8 votes but in the list appears 16, so possibly they delete them to keep it clean.

I WILL ALSO DELETE POSTS EVERY SO OFTEN, IN ORDER TO KEEP THE THREAD CLEAN. - from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...04&postcount=1

Might be useful to read the first post in the thread... ;) Your votes are counted, don't worry that your posts were deleted.

Ghisy 01-25-2012 14:27

Keep in mind that devs' might also improve the stock ROM! So we can get something better/faster/stronger (:D) WITH Jet Effects! ;)

NonApplicable 01-25-2012 17:03

I voted 2 days ago and many others have since then, however the tally has not increased from 16. If they ain't gonna check the thread regularly, let me moderate it =)

Bill726 01-25-2012 22:28

Tally has now been increased to 33 votes.

Angelopsaro 01-26-2012 20:10

Is it compulsory to remove the bbe effects with the new software added by the develelopers? Is it hard for them to keep it?

Anyway i voted and i have to say that xda-developers member and admins really make you feel like home in their forums [laugh][excited]

Bill726 01-26-2012 21:27

Actually, no. All we need is to gain root of the device(full software access). With that we can get android market, a different launcher, and many other improvements. All without removing bbe/jet effects.

Olorin 01-27-2012 08:53

Nice post, Kizune!

Just voted for the Z2 :)

It's just a slight problem that the Z2 has no product page on the global site...

Kizune 01-27-2012 08:58

Yeah, but there will be one. The Z2 looks like it's intended to get released internationally. :)

Angelopsaro 01-27-2012 09:16

Btw off topic but i saw a fox last night Kizune! Pretty legit animals arent they? I love their black foots which look like boots xD

Kizune 01-27-2012 09:32

Lol, nice [laugh]

nehrou 01-27-2012 16:19

wow.....got 40 votes already....doing a really good job guys...keep it up