iAudiophile.net Forums

iAudiophile.net Forums (http://iaudiophile.net/forums/index.php)
-   Cowon D2/D2+ (http://iaudiophile.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   D2 Info & Tips (http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13905)

gifters 03-24-2007 13:05

D2 Info & Tips

1 Attachment(s)
Original D2 Startup Logo

Original D2 Audio Track

Original D2 Video

Original D2 Images

Original Text Documents
English
Korean

General Use and Reviews

Cowon's own Guide to using the D2

Cnet Review

Un-boxing the D2 by Ye3Ze

Final Preview by Kamlo001

Using the D2 by generationmp3.com

CES '07 Preview by Cnet

Vid Review en Espanol by ignavago

Accessory Reviews and Videos

Cowon D2 Clear Case and Zenus Pouch Video by movielee2020

Cowon D2 with the Cowon Leather Case by doctorviva

Videos of Specific Features

D2 Virtual Motion by crazylakers

Cowon D2 Dictionary by chywonk05

[unsure] Comparisons [unsure]

Prizefight D2 vs. iRiver clix by Cnet

Side By Side Vid Comparison of Cowon D2 & iRiver B1 by chywonk05

:jamming: JetEffects :jamming:

BBE - the sound effect that provides clear music.

Mach3Bass - the base booster that enhances super low-end bass.

3D Surround - provides three dimensional sound effects.

Stereo Enhance - enhances stereo effect for fuller sound quality

MP Enhance - Sound effect that compensate for missing sound segments

Pan - adjusts the left and right volume balance.

BBE Expanded

MP Enhance Expanded

PowerDict

English and Korean Dictionary

Simple to install, download the file, open the Zip folder, drag the PowerDic file into the root of the D2 note: the PowerDict only works with specific firmwares, See here if your firmware supports the Dictionary. Of course you should know if your firmware supports the dictionary as the D2 will already have a file named PowerDict and an Icon on the menu. To get dictionary to work you must install one of the below dictionary files:

PowerDict Full Version (with voice support / native pronounciation) 267MB
http://dn.cowon.com/download/d2_dic/PowerDic_Full.zip
- Pronounces Korean (not English)

PowerDict Lite Version 30.2MB
http://dn.cowon.com/download/d2_dic/PowerDic_Lite.zip

User Threads

Customization tools (to change icons, themes)

Text Formatting

jason 03-24-2007 19:09

Thankx for the extra information gifters i really appreciate it ...this makes things more clearer; incase i need some more info on my D2....once again thankx [thumbsup]

W33nie 03-24-2007 19:27

pretty cool guide

gifters 03-24-2007 19:31

I took the PDF guide from cowon, used Adobe to save as a text document and then edited out some of the text like don't throw your D2 out of your car while driving on the interstate, and other stuff to get it down to a file size that I could upload on to the forum, I also spent some time making it look half as pretty as me, so yeah it looks like crap, oh well. lol

jason 03-24-2007 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by gifters (Post 119327)
I took the PDF guide from cowon, used Adobe to save as a text document and then edited out some of the text like don't throw your D2 out of your car while driving on the interstate, and other stuff to get it down to a file size that I could upload on to the forum, I also spent some time making it look half as pretty as me, so yeah it looks like crap, oh well. lol

Nahhhh doesnt look crap...i mean so long as the person wanting this useful information posted up by you gifters, it will stop many arkward posts from popping up in mere future, helps sorts out others peoples questions/problems, but remember not about quality or qauntity but the usefulness in info provided...so dont worry its allllll good...once again thankx...[thumbsup] .

W33nie 03-24-2007 21:32

"don't throw your D2 out of your car while driving on the interstate"

.....what?

maboroshi 03-24-2007 23:01

haha, in other words...obvious stuff.

gifters 03-25-2007 12:41

Is there anything that you want to see in this thread (weather you have the information or not)??? Let me know any way and I'll do my best to help anyone out!!!

Peace and Rock on :jamming:

gifters 03-27-2007 11:17

K this has the new in it too now!

Judge 03-27-2007 12:47

Good thread.

SC5 03-29-2007 01:29

D2 comes with a dictionary built-in?

maboroshi 03-29-2007 02:11

Sorta, install the 3.xx firmware and download the dictionary files and throw them on your D2.

gifters 03-29-2007 09:25

Ok, what does everyone think of the new format for the post? If you don't like it I can change it to make you all happy hope you don't mind the smaller text too much, but if you don't want that info then its easier to get past it

jason 03-29-2007 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by gifters (Post 120436)
Ok, what does everyone think of the new format for the post? If you don't like it I can change it to make you all happy hope you don't mind the smaller text too much, but if you don't want that info then its easier to get past it

looks much better gifters info is great ...thankx for all the help dude really appreciate you providing your time and effort into this well documented thread....awesome....[thumbsup]

scotty6435 03-31-2007 07:07

If this thread is going to hold useful bits and pieces as well as useful information then would it be worth adding the original wallpapers and video that came with the player? They're not listed on Cowon's own sites yet and I'm sure I'm not the only one to lose one if not all of them [blush]