View Full Version : No Artist info comes through for mp3s??
I have my x5L all set up with lots of songs -- organzied into folders by Artist, then Album. Before I loaded the files onto my x5L, I checked all the tags to make sure I didn't have "Various Artists" on all the Artist tags and the titles were good... and so on.
Now that the files are on my player, half the files show all the tag info during play, and half the files only show titles (no artist info) during play. Why is this happening? I tried just deleting the folders and then loading them again -- that worked for some but not for all. I've checked all these files while they were on my computer and they were fine. What do I do?
i think the problem might be because some of ur tags r id3v1 and some r id3v2. I don't have an X5 yet, so i don't know which one works.
hope i was a little bit of help :nutty:
Thanks much, bitaram!
Does anyone know if this is indeed the case, and if so -- would a firmware upgrade solve the problem?
The X5 supports both types of tags, just not at the same time. You need to choose one or the other in the options.
I looked under "Settings" but didn't see any options for choosing the tag version. Didn't see anything in the manual, either... help? Where is this?
Sorry, upon checking that is a feature of my U2, not my X5.
Well, drat. It would have been so nice if that was the solution...
Anyone else know how I fix this? I'm using the JetAudio software -- all the tag information shows in there, but the Artist tag won't show on half the songs when I'm playing them on the X5L.
Maybe you have mp3's which have both id3 V1 and id3 V2 tags on them... the X5 will then automatically read the id3V2 tag, and maybe there's something missing there, while your id3v1 tag is fine. Try and check that with winamp or whatever mediaplayer you use...
Please hang in there with me!
I've downloaded MediaMonkey -- after looking through RealPlayer and JetAudio -- where is the option for converting all files to one version of Id3? And how do I tell which version the files are now? I looked in properties, but didn't see any indication there.
Thanks so much! I can't wait to fix this!
iTunes does both easily...
I feel such an Apple promoter, pointing to iTunes every thread again...but it is a handy mediaplayer...
This post is a "Thank You" to the folks who gave me advice and a "Head's Up!" to any good soul who searches this forum before asking the same question...
So, the problem was - tag info was not showing on my X5 when songs were playing (only file name showed), but they all showed up on my computer just fine.
I used MediaMonkey -- go to the Tools menu, under Advance Tag Management, there is a "Clean id3v1" option. This did the trick! But I had to open each album folder and highlight all the songs. I tried just highlighting all the albums and doing the clean in one fell swoop, but that had no effect. Doing it album by album worked great, though. I have also changed the options on MediaMonkey to "Only write in id3v2 tags" so that I don't have to keep cleaning the tags with each new CD. I haven't checked all my latest uploads, but things seem to be fine so far.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.