PDA

View Full Version : not recognized/no charging

effetmemoire
02-16-2012, 09:52
after few weeks of ownerships my cowon j3 is not recognized by my computer anymore, either mac or pc.
it is really weird because i used it 2 wholes days without troubles, it worked this morning and now when i picked up it wouldnt turn on, i thought the battery was out so i plugged it on a pc to charge it, but nothing happenend, on my mac nothing as well...
i pressed the reset button few times, nothing.

WAI
02-16-2012, 10:32
might be bricked for some odd reason

follow and read this Link (http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37160)

effetmemoire
02-16-2012, 10:34
thanks.. i will give it a try

effetmemoire
02-16-2012, 12:20
i failed at step 2: windows device manager do not see my cowon j3 as an unknow device, any idea ?
it actually doesnt see anything at all. doesnt even make this "pop" noise when a device is plugged in.

lupu_de_balta
02-16-2012, 12:49
maybe you have a problem on the pc you have tried to connect it. if it is not this thing, consider that you may have got a virus, thing, that normally shouldn't affect the j3's flash operating system, but there is a chance. this or, maybe you have dropped it, and it just broke. hm... are you able to send it to cowon to see if they can repair it for you?

effetmemoire
02-16-2012, 12:54
i dont think that could be a virus, i was using mac with clean unmount since then.
i always used it with a leather case and lcd protection, it worked this morning and i let it in my bed, where it was playing music, when i get back, it wouldnt turn on anymore.
i bought it at exportprivé, im gonna contact them.
the only proof that my cowon is connected by my laptop is that after few seconds plugged in, the battery state of my laptop decrease suddently for 5mn or something.

WAI
02-16-2012, 13:43
did you hold the play/pause button down?

effetmemoire
02-16-2012, 14:07
yes i tried this also

WAI
02-16-2012, 14:28
yes i tried this alsotried different USB ports? maybe try a different computer?

effetmemoire
02-16-2012, 21:00
yes i tried with several usb port, i tried with a macbook mac os x 10.6 and another pc laptop with windows 7. but right now i did like several reset pressing and plugged it again holding play/pause on my mac. it did a white flash (does it mean anything?) and it charges again as everything was normal, unplugged and playing music right now... i guess it is fixed for a while.

WAI
02-16-2012, 22:25
yes i tried with several usb port, i tried with a macbook mac os x 10.6 and another pc laptop with windows 7. but right now i did like several reset pressing and plugged it again holding play/pause on my mac. it did a white flash (does it mean anything?) and it charges again as everything was normal, unplugged and playing music right now... i guess it is fixed for a while.well, to use TCCTOOL you need a Windows based PC. MAC is unsupported. well as long as it seems fixed for now i guess that's a good thing