View Full Version : What is the POINT of Rockbox??
1. What would I get if I got D2+ Rockbox?
2. Why do you get Rockbox?
3. Can you switch from Rockbox to the normal firmware, and have them both installed at the same time?
4. Is installing Rockbox hard?
5. Is installing the normal firmware FROM Rockbox a hassle?
Here are the answers:
1. see http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showpost.php?p=185498&postcount=1
2. see http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/FeatureComparison
3. see http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showpost.php?p=242488&postcount=1
5. This is not possible! You can install a dual-boot patch of the original FW (OF) (see Andrew's guide) and install Rockbox on your SD card. You can also build your bootloader patch to boot OF first (see http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showpost.php?p=302299&postcount=247) or ask for it here.
you can also read the manual to see whats going on with rockbox in the built you use.
I also think that the sound of Rockbox with the default equalizer setting is better than the Cowon firmware. Certainly the shuffle function is vastly better. One can also use playlists without nearly the amount of grief involved with the original firmware. With dual boot, one doesn't lose the flash functions.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.