View Full Version : X5 question
How's it going?
I was about to by the iRiver H340 the other day when I came accross the X5, which totally messed up all my plans because it look's sweet. One of the main things I like about the H340 is that you don't need to install anything on the computer to use it, so I can use it in college or work without having to install any software. I'm wondering is this the case with the X5?
Any info would be great,
Thanks. I'm definately going with the X5 so.
Have fun waiting... we've been waiting for about 5-6 months. Cheers.
Lol. Supposedly only a month to go, though. The wait will be worth it... Hopefully.
I just pre-ordered my X5 from Germany so I'll be counting down the days :). Although to be honest, my German is a bit rusty so I could have ordered a new car for all I know!!
one person has gone for it!
guess youll be one of the first - hope we can count on some pics an a lil review :)
btw, which one did you go for?
i think it´s worth waiting cause i´m sure you´ll find different (cheaper!) prices than on mp3-player.de
The iRiver 340 is sweeter than a honey glazed sugar cookie. Best dap since ....ever. However the x5 is a serious contender that can change the shape of the mp3 world. There is only one thing though......there are no standard inputs on the x5 or m5? They both do mp3 incoding and voice recording but where is the external mic jack? Where is the in put jack? This is a bit disapointing. Can someone shed light on this? Is it on the cradle? If it is that's pretty f~(%#d up right there. So if I am going into a sales meeting and bring my x5 alone for the ride I have to tote my cradle and cables to? WTF!
It will use a sub-pack, same as the M3
Ya no problem, I'll let ye know what it's like when I get it, although I'd say I'll still be waiting a while.
I went for the 60G version - that was one of the main reasons I went for the X5 over the iRiver 300 series, because I wanted alot of memory.
I know I could wait a bit longer and get it cheaper alright, but I'm not exactly the most patient :)
Rage you have a most sacred duty, to tell the rest of us poor souls every single detail about the X5 the moment you recieve it! :) Could you please keep an eye out for the following:
1. Playlist browsing..say I have a 30 track list is it possible to scroll down to track 17 in that list and start playing it [preferably while another track is playing like on the Ipod and essentially every software mp3 player known to man. I only ask because you cannot do this with an Iriver, you have to hammer the fast forward/rewind button to move through a playlist, and you can't be playing a track and opeen a playlist at the same time....
2. If the X5 happens to include the ability to browse by artist album and genre, is it capable of playing through a given set of songs totally irrespective of the folder structure. For example on the Iriver H340 if you have folder1/track 1 2 3 then folder2 etc and you decide to browse by artist and select albumA/track1 the next track may end up being from artist 65/albumc/track4 because that is the way the actual folder tree is setup. Is the x5 capable of ignoring the actual folder tree and playing songs based on the grouping the tags place them in? If it doesn't have the ability to browse by tags just ignore this question.
3. How do you control the thing with the circularthing on the very front of the player?
4. How fast is scrolling through a larg set of files?
5. Does the X5 have a root menu? [sort of like your xp start menu, or kind of like on the Ipod. Again I only ask because the Iriver has a really screwed up way of handling things (Time based context menu wierdness.)]
Rage be glad you never got an Iriver, they are total crap, sure the sound is good but you can't do aanything interesting [like browse inside playlists, or use working tag views (database)]with them music enjoyment wise.
hey shadow skill, about that browsing while playing a number, i can do it with my 'old' i-river 395t. or do you mean that it isn't possible on the h3**?
the controljoystick is probably almost the same as on my iriver, so that's handy!
push to up or down and you control the volume,
push to left or right and you ff /next song/previous song.
push the stick in the player and you go to menu, see the link from ashlee in another post.
i'm pretty happy with my iriver 395t, nice sound, simple controls, nice features, long battery lift.
AMC PACER HISTORY (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/AMC_Pacer)
He means it's not possible on the H3xx range. I saw an H320 today for the first time and it's much, much smaller than I was imaging. It would easily fit in a jean pocket.
Sure it's not as small an I-Pod but to me it's academic as it's still small. The menus looked easy to use (I only used it briefly) and the video quality is much better than I expected. Even though the video spec. is virtually the same as my SmartPhone the quality is much nicer.
It's not blocky and is much sharper. Although I read a video can be longer than 60 mins, this would be really annoying for a film. I hope this isn't the case for the X/M-5! I'll be waiting for the X5L now but the H3xx isn't half as bad as I was expecting. I'm no audiophile so tbh I doubt I'd have a problem sound wise to any of these players.
Although I agree the lack of skipping in playlists is a major bug.
Yep impossible Iuuk, don't understand how you have playlists and lack that capability....I really really need the 60gb iaudio to come out please let it be true, and not just a rumor. I can't go from an H340 to a 30gb player damn it all!
*Begins praying for an iaudio x5 60gb version*
Shadow Skill, Cowon have already announced an X5 60gb, but will launch with a 20/30gb option, with the 60gb version to follow.
*Begins praying for an iaudio x5 60gb version*
I hear that it should arrive around 1 month after 20/30GB units
But when??? That is the question.
Another question (deleted it from the other thread cause I thinks this is the better place...sorry):
Is the joystick on your x5 also that "not-really-in-the middle" as on pictures like this one: http://dc2.donga.com/mp3/iaudio_x5/1button.jpg ?? should it really be like this? for what reason?
looks kinda cheap IMO. maybe I'm just too much a perfectionist... ^^"
Having it in the middle would look silly to me. I'm not sure why but it just would.
in the middle of that small circle would look silly?
hope you didn't get me wrong...not in the middle of the player, but of that "joystick hole" ^^" sorry, can't express myself well in english...
Sorry my bad. I see what you mean, that's weird.
I'd ask a question in the review "Austin" is about to write:
p.s - There is no need to apologise for your grasp of English. I'm sure it's much better than my grasp of your native language.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.